Hacker-Pschorr Hefe Weisse Naturtrüb | Hacker-Pschorr Bräu GmbH

Liked:
4.09/5
Alströms:

Ratings: 1,744 |  Reviews: 757

I'm going to start my review with a disclaimer--this is my favorite beer, period. If I had one last beer to drink before I went to the grand bier stube in the sky, it would be this one.
Appearance: When poured correctly, this beer looks magnificent in the glass. Topping off the head with the remainder of the bottle makes this beer a real treat. The color is a typical hefe yellow-gold and the cloudiness of the yeast masks the mystery of the taste inside. The thick head stays for a long time, so get used to drinking the beer through the head, you'll have to wipe your upper lip often.
Smell: The aroma is very welcoming, never bitter or skunky. A little fruity, but understated, not like a lambic or some of the other fruity beers.
Taste: As I stated earlier, this is the best bier in the world (my opinion). It is refreshing, fruity (not much), and very satisfying. No bitter after taste, leaves you refreshed and ready for more.
Mouthfeel: Again, no problems here.
Drinkability: The problem with this bier is that I can keep drinking it--over and over and over.

Liquid bread. Absolutely delicious.
Also had it on tap. Also very good, but the 500 ml. bottles are the best. Must be served in a proper, what I call, a weiss beer glass, tall and tapered that can accommodate the full 500 mls. It is somewhat of a acquired taste, but once acquired, it's tough to beat. Already smacking my lips!

I could drink this beer all day. I have had it on tap, with a lemon wedge, and that is great, but mostly, I can only get it in a bottle.

The head is thick, and eventually desolves to a lace. The appearance is dark amber, and sort of cloudy.

The smell and taste have a light hint of citrus, and a spice that I can't peg, since I am new to describing beer taste.

I normally serve it in a tall weiss beer glass, at room temp. On a hot day, maybe cool it for awhile, and it really hits the spot.

Hacker-Pschorr Hefe Weisse Naturtrüb from Hacker-Pschorr Bräu GmbH