Hacker-Pschorr Hefe Weisse Naturtrüb | Hacker-Pschorr Bräu GmbH

Added by SheepNutz on 02-24-2001

Ratings: 1,742 |  Reviews: 756

3.75/5  rDev -7.6%

3.13/5  rDev -22.9%

Hazy golden amber with a good white head. Good lacing.
Lots of banana and vague ripe fruit in the nose.
Taste features more bready malts but still has a solid banana note, along with a bit of clove.
Rather high carbonation, but this seems appropriate for this brew. Near medium body. Crisp.

O: a solid German Weiss, but not a favored style.

3.77/5  rDev -7.1%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

330 ml bottle poured into a weizen glass

A- Hazy burnt orange color with a slightly off white head, looking rather creamy, and retains well at that.

S- Spice and notes of banana and some other fruit.

T- Mild wheat flavor, with some spice. The banana is subdued here but notable.

M- Smooth and clean. A bit of a creaminess with the head mixed in.

O- This is tasty. It is a beautiful looking beer, and the taste, although mild, is very good.

4.75/5  rDev +17%

3.75/5  rDev -7.6%

4.9/5  rDev +20.7%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 5

I've had this beer on tap and a bottle. When I get it in a bottle I always pour in a glass, I've found that leaving it in the bottle keeps the foamy head from receding. On tap well let's just say its great could drink from it all day, "can I get another one please."I was on my third one while my friend was on his first. It's a filling beer, so don't eat to much otherwise your belly will be paying dearly. I've drank other weisse's but none compare to this one. I prefer the Dark Weisse but its hard to find around here. The friends and family I've given to try say the same thing all the time. "It's smooth, tasty, sweet, heavy, but above all stronger than what they drink." Like I tell them "get drunk tonight not the next morning". All I need to do now to complete the experience is get a Weisse glass, it would put the cherry on top of this wonderful desert.

Price: slightly more than your regular imports, worth the extra dollars you pay for it

Availability: depending where you are its available from gas stations to bars, some grocery chains carry them, pricing can be fluctuate accordingly so I recommend to drink it with a couple buddies, if you feel the price is steep.

Taste: superb, you know your drinking great beer when alcohol is the smooth criminal in there, this beer does not need a garnish. Banana nut bread anyone?

After effects: As someone told me a great clean beer that you can wake up tomorrow morning feeling great.

Hacker-Pschorr Hefe Weisse Naturtrüb from Hacker-Pschorr Bräu GmbH