Blue Point Toasted Lager | Blue Point Brewing Company

Blue Point Brewing Company
New York, United States
bluepointbrewing.com

Style: American Amber / Red Lager

Our flagship and most popular brew, Toasted Lager is the best American Amber Lager you’ll ever taste.

To back up that claim, we use six different grains to perfect a balanced flavor of malt and hops, and a special proprietary lager yeast to give Toasted Lager an exceptional, long-lasting smooth finish that’s meant to be enjoyed year-round. Pairs perfectly with fresh seafood...or any food for that matter.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 12-18-2001

2.03/5  rDev -42.5%

2.09/5  rDev -40.8%

2.16/5  rDev -38.8%

2.17/5  rDev -38.5%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2

With a dark amber color, it has a straight subtle malt with an off, astringent grassy hop aftertaste. It does have a good mouthfeel for the style. Feels like a lighter version of Samuel Adams’s Boston Lager.

2.18/5  rDev -38.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

2.25/5  rDev -36.3%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

2.31/5  rDev -34.6%

2.31/5  rDev -34.6%

Blue Point Toasted Lager pours a deep gold. Its bright white head has decent retention.

Its aroma is slight, but has toasted barley notes and hints of pine from the hops.

The taste is extremely disjointed and goes from one extreme to another. It begins with similar toasted barley notes as the nose. The middle of the palate gives a quick glimpse of hoppy bitterness, before any inkling of intensity is washed away. The finish is faint but mostly consists of light bread notes.

Its mouthfeel is medium light, with a smaller than average amount of carbonation for the style.

Overall, the beer is fairly sessionable. Seems like the perfect beer for a drinker entering craft beer.

2.32/5  rDev -34.3%

2.38/5  rDev -32.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Poured into a pint glass with a quarter inch white head. I was amber in color.

Very little in the nose. Even as the beer warmed it didn't become more fragrant.

Moderate carbonation with a watery mouthfeel.

Nice sweetness on the front palate. Toasted barley flavors. Slight tast of honey with a nice crispness.

This was a tough beer for me to review. It just didn't do much for me.

2.43/5  rDev -31.2%

I am a huge fan of Blue Points "hoptical illusion" and was up for something new so I decided to pick up a growler of Blue Point Toasted Lager. I enjoy a smokey tasting beer from time to time.

I'd have to say that I was not overly impressed on my initial taste, it seemed to be pretty avarage in taste, which was a disappointment. There was a subtle smokey taste to the beer nothing too strong. The killer though was the after taste that this beer left in my mouth. My girlfriend summed it up perfectly when she said she felt like she had drank out of an ash tray. A really unpleasent after taste to say the least. And for the first time in my life I didn't even finish the whole growler. I was trying to fight my way to the bottom as I hate to waste beer, but I could just not do it, and I ended up pooring out about 1/3 or the bottle.

I will never pick this one up again. A total bummer!

Blue Point Toasted Lager from Blue Point Brewing Company