Russian Imperial Stout | Full Circle Brewing Co.

2.77/5
Poor

Full Circle Brewing Co.
fullcirclebrewing.com

Style: Russian Imperial Stout

Added by BeerAdvocate on 01-28-2007

Reviews by GoreStorm:
3.49/5  rDev +26%

a - dark, no head though, full circles beers are occasionally kind of flat, not sure why.

s - fruity and malty

t - the alcohol comes through with a really fruity spicy sweetness, an interesting flavor but a bit too strong for me.

3 - this is the most interesting part, this sucker warms you up right away starting in the mouth.

d - between the alcohol and the powerful flavor, this isn't very drinkable but worth trying.

notes - they serve this only in half pints, and that's about all i wanted anyway so it worked out just fine.

1.75/5  rDev -36.8%

3.25/5  rDev +17.3%

3.15/5  rDev +13.7%

Appearance: Poured brownish-black with 1 finger, foamy brown head. Mediocre lacing, but there was a defnite head. I must have had a different batch than Gorestorm.

Smell: Brown sugar, caramel, chocolate, and roasted malts. Maybe some cherries as well. Pretty standard imperial stout aroma with a bit more sweetness.

Taste: Really, really sweet. I thought it tasted like milk chocolate, however the brewmaster informed me that he only uses black and caramel malts in the Russian Imperial Stout. I must say that the alcohol was hidden extremely well (listed at 11% ABV). Tasted more like a strong chocolate porter than anything.

Mouthfeel: Thick and oily. Coated the mouth well, and had a great warming effect. Aftertaste was pleasant.

Drinkability: I only sampled 5oz of this one, but figured i might as well add my two cents as there's only one other review. This was a very sweet stout. I don't think I would have wanted an entire 12oz of it. Plus, it costs twice as much as the other beers. I want to try it again, but my first impression wasn't too great.

Russian Imperial Stout from Full Circle Brewing Co.