Éternel Péché | Ferme Brasserie Schoune

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Added by Phyl21ca on 01-06-2009

Reviews by MaliciousMatt:
4.37/5  rDev +26.3%

A : Nice opaque peachy color (how surpring!). A little thin white head that fanishes quickly leaving no lacing.

S : Fruit, fruit, fruit! Some peaches (again surprising) and apricot with an under smell (just a hint) of sweet apples. If you concentrate you can also smell a hint of yeast

T : Wow! Smooth sweet fruity taste, so refreshing! The malt is there just enough to remind you that it's a beer and not a cooler or a juice. Also tastes a little bit acidic but not too much. Taste is really good on this one.

M : Again, so smooth! Just enough crispness for the style.

D : That's a summer beer. I could drink it all night long especially that today is a hot summer day. Too bad that it is my only one.

Overall : I'm usualy not a big fan of fruit beer but I tought I should give a try at this one and I'm glad I did. This kind of interpretation make me reconsider my position on the style.

3.03/5  rDev -12.4%

Bottle: Poured a slightly hazy amber color ale with a medium size pure white foamy head with average retention and some good lacing. Aroma of ligth peach syrup with some wheat malt also discernable. Taste is also dominated by some lightly sweet peach syrup which is well balanced with the wheat malt. Good body with good carbonation. Not complex nor am I usually too strong on fruit syrup but this is not too bad done and quite refreshing in the end.

3.21/5  rDev -7.2%

A - A nice orange colour with lot's of sediment floating around. Looks radioactive in a way, interesting.

S - Peach. Nothing else. Seems appropriate but some more complexity would be nice.

T - Mild flavour profile for such a strong aroma. Peach is there but it's muted.

M - Light and smooth in the mouth.

D - Quite high. Thirst quenching and a nice flavour.

3.25/5  rDev -6.1%