English Bay Pale Ale | Granville Island Brewery

Granville Island Brewery
British Columbia, Canada
gib.ca

Style: English Pale Ale

Easygoing—like the sunny shores of English Bay itself. Out of the bottle you’ll notice the rich, coppery colour and caramel malt flavour up front, balanced with a dry roasted finish that’s sure to put a smile on your face. Just grill up some burgers, kebabs or tenderloin—and chill

Added by 49degrees on 12-27-2002

2.8/5  rDev -11.4%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 2.75

2.83/5  rDev -10.4%
look: 3 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

3.66/5  rDev +15.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.27/5  rDev +3.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

On tap at my local pub, the "best" option in a sea of macro water disguised as beer. I had a few pints, so one would think I could give a detailed account, but this is not a particularly memorable beer.

3.47/5  rDev +9.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

2.92/5  rDev -7.6%

3.35/5  rDev +6%

2.75/5  rDev -13%

2.5/5  rDev -20.9%

3.08/5  rDev -2.5%

3.12/5  rDev -1.3%

3.75/5  rDev +18.7%

I bought it at a regional LCBO in Welland, ON, Canada.
And I am not a professional or amatuer beer drinker or something. Just beer lover.^^;
I think it is like a sweet version of Pale Ale. I've drunk several Pale Ales like Ontario craft ones. They are more bitter than this. This ale is like more drinkable to beginners like me. haha.
However, I've found the bitter pale ale more likely has more flavour or something.
That means it has little bit weak smell. Well, nice beer to me.

1.5/5  rDev -52.5%

2.88/5  rDev -8.9%

3.8/5  rDev +20.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

English Bay. If you are in Vancouver this is one of the best view you can get of the sunset. I have the chance to drink here in Montreal.
The look of it is really curious. It looks like a Red Amber. You have that brown/red color. Nice carbonation. Maybe have half of a finger of head that goes aways but the rest stays inside your glass.
The smell of it, is kind of disappointing. You barely smell something. I really can't tell right now what I smell. it's really difficult to smell any flavour.
Now about the taste. Really powerful. Lot's of flavour. Totally different from the smell.
Very watery. Surprised me that it is a 5% ABV. Remind of the Richard's Red Amber. You have that touch of chocolate. Roasted grain. Really nice but too watery. I wish it could have been a 6% or 7% ABV. You will have that kick. The flavour is there but you don t have that kick you will enjoy just right after. Nice refreshing beer overall
So overall would I recommend it ? For sure. There is nothing wrong with this beer. Just too watery for my criticism. But really refreshing. Get you hands on this beer. Definitely worth it !

4.56/5  rDev +44.3%