D.B. Hobbs Golden Light | City Brewing Company, LLC

City Brewing Company, LLC
Wisconsin, United States
citybrewery.com

Style: Light Lager

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by Frozensoul327 on 11-12-2007

Liked:
2.04/5
Alströms:

Reviews by Frozensoul327:
2.35/5  rDev +15.2%

A: Light yellow straw color with a small and short lived head of white foam.

S: Smells like mineral water and grain. Some light notes of hops. Blah.

D: Typical light lager swill; mild flavors of corn and adjunct grains. Slight sweetness. Rather dull and predictable.

M: Watery, slightly crisp. Not much carbonation makes it to the palate.

D: Naw, this one isn't up to par. Not worth seeking out.

1.38/5  rDev -32.4%

I bought this at Kroger. Only sold in 12 packs of cans. $5.69...

I thought I would give it a chance...I took two sips, and it was awful. I tossed the 12 pack out of the fridge and into the garbage. The flavor in your mouth is like drinking carbonated water. Just a nasty aftertaste...

2.38/5  rDev +16.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

I got a 12 pack of cans from Kroger for $7.49. Apparently I was ripped off because other BA users got it for less than that. I'm going into this review with the mindset that this is cheap beer and I'll rate it for what it's worth. Appearance is unimpressive. Pale and lame. The odor stinks of dirt and cloves. I picked up on a clove taste as well. It was slight. The rest of the beer was watery, farm-like, and only good if you're on a boat and there's nothing else to drink. It's drinkable but not good. It's better than other cheap light beers.

D.B. Hobbs Golden Light from City Brewing Company, LLC