Faxe Extra Strong

Notes:
Reviews: 51 | Ratings: 116
Reviews by CAMRAhardliner:
1.62/5  rDev -27.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

This beer pours a surprisingly deep gold color with a decent off white head and plenty of lace streaks. Strangely, I only saw about five bubble while looking into the glass for a while. Maybe I got a poorly packaged can. The smell is of caustic overwhelming alcohol and some slight saltyness. The taste begins with a massive hit of alcohol fire then trails of into some alcohol spicyness and German malts. The hops are very weak and only detectable in their bittering potential. The mouthfeel is pretty nasty, it makes me think of an 'aluminum aged' beer for some reason. The alcohol is noticeable though this beer is pretty cheap (though I think Kasteel Brune is still a little cheaper, and a far better beer). Its subpar, though strong.

1.64/5  rDev -26.8%
look: 1.75 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

I want to be clear here: this is by far the worst beer I have ever had in my life. That's saying a lot for someone who tried hundreds other brews already.

Use this to flush the toilet.

2.01/5  rDev -10.3%
look: 4 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

Appearnace - Poured from a 500 ml can into a 16 oz bar glass, pours a clear straw gold with a 2 finger head that lasts. when it fades it leaves a film over the top of the beer.

Aroma - alchohol, artifical grape, corn. thats it.

Taste - This beer litterally tastes like grape jolly rancher and corn with a strong alcohol flavor in the back. wow, I'm fairy buzzed at the time of this review and the taste is awful.

Feel - very watery but not smooth the alcohol is making this very rough. I wont lye I'm a huge fan of strong beers, some stronger than this but this is pretty gross.

Overall - If I had been completely sober at the time of this review this would be a drain pour, Ive still got a ways to go but I feel like if I pour it its wasted money. Don't buy this crap lol Cheers!

3.04/5  rDev +35.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

I have to be honest, I'm presently drinking a 500 ml can of Faxe 10% Extra Strong Beer, that I won in a bet over the Stanley Cup playoffs (go Blackhawks!). I am a Viking at heart, so the logo's kind of cool. I like the color as it resembles someone else's clear healthy urine specimen on the nurses station counter top. The aroma is reminiscent of the bed pads I wash in the long term care facility laundry room that I currently work in, so it is familiar and quite nutty, i might add. The taste is somewhat marmaladish, leaving me with a comforting tingly sensation on my palate, satisfying my desire for the bold, pungent flavor I was expecting in a beer of this strength. It is perfectly carbonated, boasting 43 tiny bubbles (no, 44...there's 45, 46, ..47, 48) that ascend into a beautiful 2 finger head with an eyelet lace. As i sip again, I am noticing something else... ..I think it is a hint of cabbage (or perhaps rhubarb) that seems to settle into a delightfully smooth aftertaste that lingers on. I actually really like this beer and don't mind the intensity as it becomes closer to room temperature. The ABV is high but the price is low ($3.35) so it is perfect for anyone who wants a good beer buzz early in the morning before going to their McJob. Don't get me wrong, I would definitely drink Faxe 10 again, especially knowing that I only need one can to forget about the bad day I may have had washing the linens in a nursing home. Ok, so here's the bottom of the can. ...last drop..alrighty then, there you have it. Faxe 10 is ok, if you ask me. Now i'm ready to tuck in.

2.71/5  rDev +21%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

This will knock you back, on smell alone. It has a deepness to it. It does loose it's luster as you go because of how strong it is.

Taste rating in words: It's putting a ladder on scaffolding on a picnic table in a truck bed. Just why?

2.88/5  rDev +28.6%

Quick fading slightly off white head settles quickly over clear gold with light amber highlights. Sweet sharp/perfumy nose, I get a light whiff of fruit too...very slight adjuncty note. Taste is lightly fruity at first then you get a sharp metallic hop attack that tastes kinda 'off', semi full bodied, lingering sharpness and as it warms you get some adjunct flavor and then cheap alcohol. Ends sharp and none too appealing. Drink it cold or pass lol

4.1/5  rDev +83%

Another flavorful, but powerful Extra Strong Lager from Denmark. Tasty and refreshing, with no objectionable after tastes or smells.

3.21/5  rDev +43.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Faxe Brewery "Faxe Extra Strong Beer"
1,0 Liter can, "Mindestens halter bis: E 08 11 2018 G: 13 43" and sampled on 26 09 2017

Look: Golden in color with fingerprint-through-the-glass clarity beneath a short head of bright white that hold briefly and then drops to a standard collar, but which also then continues to leave decent lacing behind.
Smell: The alcohol is clear as are some other esters due to a high fermentation. It's quite fruity with a lot of apple.
Taste: Unfortunately the flavor follows the aroma. The alcohol is too clear, and the fruitiness is too high - the label doesn't state whether it's an ale or a lager, but I'll assume it's a lager, and for that it's too rough. Even as an ale it's too rough. It's also sweetish and fruity, and only balanced by the alcohol and some limited bitterness. The finish is sweetish and dry at the same time (?) with the alcohol and stiff bitterness fighting off the residual malt.
Feel: Medium bodied and gently crisp.
Overall: Poorly brewed with flaws.
3.75/2.75/3/3.75/3.75

2.43/5  rDev +8.5%

A pretty pour with a high ABV that you can definetly taste. This is a brew that opens your eyes and is not for the timid!!! Unfortunately is not for me either....Wrap a brown paper bag around this one.

2.41/5  rDev +7.6%

Presentation: 500ml can, 10% ABV

Appearance: Nice golden color. Interesting first look and head.

Smell: It smells strong alcohol and it is dissappears quickly.

Taste: Too shy. Maybe some hops on the end, but it lacks taste. The alcohol and the sparking takes all.

Mouthfeel: In a blind taste, it could be compared to rhum and coke as much this lager is sparking in your mouth.

Drinkability: Quite strange for a beer. Ok, that's a strong lager, but it's like an alcohoolic soda. It could be ok to get loaded fast, but for quality drinking, I would choose something else. In the strong beers category, it seems that Unibroue products are much better...

Yaaaughhhhashuuhhhg...muuuwaaghrg...gakkk/ Now to fill the 75 character requirement is a rendition of the London philharmonic’s last rendering of Mozart’s Salzberg jam at the yakking bird as transposed for the hummer...yaaaammmm...da da da..yas hummm yackghtchhhh...and YES as long as you ask....I DID pour it down the sink after only 3 "hits"...corn doesn't even taste this bad in "shine".

2.35/5  rDev +4.9%

It's malt liquor. From Europe. So it's classy malt liquor. Light yellow, with a small amount of head that quickly disappears. Smell reminded me of cheap wine, oddly. Sweet. I guess it's malty sweet, but I've never detected malts that were so winelike. Alcohol smell as well. Like one would find in... Cheap wine. Taste wasn't too bad. Very sweet, but not sickly sweet. Slight metallic twang as well. Mouthfeel was, oddly enough, very smooth. Slight bitter aftertaste, more from the alcohol than any hops used. If any hops were used at all. It's one of the better malt liquors I've had, but it's still malt liquor. Cheap, high alcohol beer meant to get you drunk. Not meant to be enjoyed.

2.03/5  rDev -9.4%

Picked up this one on a whim while visiting a liquor store in downtown Toronto.

(Note to self: Learn to resist whims)

One would expect something boasting a 10% ABV to have the appearance other than that of Budweiser. Sadly, such is not the case from this brew from Denmark. It poured a clear, fizzy yellow in color with a crackling short-lived white head. Aromas are sweet...not a malty sweet but a candy factory sweetness. Flavor is nasty. A grainy-corny front that is quickly shoved aside by a sickly sweetness that gets worse as it warmed up. Finishes with a most unpleasant alcohol burn, much like wood feels when paint remover is applied to it. Syrupy mouthfeel and virtually no drinkability. On the plus side, I've now tried a beer from Denmark.

2.43/5  rDev +8.5%

Served in the 500 mL nitro-looking (but not nitrogenated) can into a pils glass. The color is straw gold with a foamy white head. The smell is very strong alcohol with a touch of a DMS-ish sweetness. The taste is defintely alcohol strong (slightly burning), with a malt that has a bit of the adjunct vegetable taste to it, mostly sweet, and the aftertaste is fairly cloying and a little repellent. Mouthfeel is average. As for drinkability, with the alcohol and the adjunct taste, I can't say that this would be a favorite.

Thanks to trbeer for this one (no, seriously!). Well, it's not terrible, but not exactly great either. A definite vegetable flavor mixed with the higher alcohol....if I was looking for super malt liquor, this might be it, but other than that, I tried it but seriously doubt I'd look for this again. Well, at least I didn't have to support the evil Carlsburg empire to get a review from Denmark

1.34/5  rDev -40.2%

Can: Poured a golden yellow color beer with a quite large frothy pure white head with average retention and no lacing. Aroma of alcoholic phenols with some grossly sweet adjunct. Taste is also dominated by grossly sweetened adjunct with some very apparent alcohol. Body has an oily texture with good carbonation. I wasn't' expected much but this is a lot worse then I had expected with loads of alcohol and adjunct easily detectable -drain pour.

1.68/5  rDev -25%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Clear solidly gold colour. Just a short white head, no lace.

This is one of those beers that basically tries to muscle you into submission with a high alcohol content. I've had some nice 10% or better beers, but this ain't one of them.

Minimum aroma and flavour, raw hard alcohol mouth feel. No sublety, no dimension. And not even really much of a skullcrusher when it's all said and done.

1.7/5  rDev -24.1%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2

Pours a pale sick yellow colour with a thick foamy head that dissapates into a skeleton of itself. Smells like corn, cut grass, musty urine (oh, what a plus.... ha ha). Has a slick mouthfeel with average carbonation. The taste is one of high alcohol and horrible syrupy badness. It's a bit like a medicine. I could detect a faint grape tart to it. This beer is very sticky. No thanks.

1.78/5  rDev -20.5%

OK, I swear this used to be better...

Pours an attractive clear amber with a rapidly dissipating white head. Aroma of hops and whoa! Too much alcohol! Taste was very strong bitter nasty alcohol and a bit of hops. Mouthfeel was stingy and awkward. I used to love this stuff, but now I don't know, I think they changed it. This brew has degraded into a "choke it down and get drunk fast" beer... What a shame.

1.66/5  rDev -25.9%

This is a highly carbonated brew. It almost looks like ginger ale, due to the amount of CO2 pumped into this beast. A finger thick amount of soapy white head came about, and dissipated rather quickly. The body is darker than I expected.

In the aroma I detected a dextrin like character. Add a hint of lemony hops in with it, and that's about it.

This tastes just about as boozy as a beer can get. There is a hefty tobacco like bite, and a nasty medicine like finish.

This feels like I took a watery macro lager and dumped cheap strong booze into it. Once the palate becomes accustomed to all of this nonsense (or the more buzzed one gets), it's easier to go down.

This beer was invented for one reason and one only: To knock you on your butt. There is actually zero drinking enjoyment to behold here. It's kind of shocking they allow this stuff to be sold in Germany and make it so readily available, vice a nice Belgian Tripel.

Ingredients listed: Water, malt, glucose syrup, corn, and finally hops.

3.25/5  rDev +45.1%

2.6/5  rDev +16.1%

Certainly not the best brew available, but not the worst. In comparison between the Faxe Premium and the Extra Strong, I would most certainly take the Premium.

The colouration was light pale, yet not too impressed: the head was light, lacing was at most decent. But the taste was laking! At least it wasn't a 40oz of malt!

Th mouthfeel was surprisingly non-offensive, tolerable for the alcohol content. Drinkability, unless you want to get drunk; ummm...really quick and haven;t eaten a thing, if you plan on drinking a few, over, I would say, an hour. But not impressive!

Overall, okay, but not great. I would expect more from the Faxe Brewery!

2.08/5  rDev -7.1%

Wow! This kicked me in the face as soon as soon it went into my mouth. Everything about this beer is super strong. The taste is extreamly sweet, malty and alcohalic. Almost overpowering at first.

The aftertaste is is strong but disapears after a while, similar to taking a shot of hard liqour.

A can or two of this can get you a really good buzz, which is probably the only reason to drink it. If your looking to get super drunk super fast then I would recommend this, otherwise, why not get some fine scotch?

1.45/5  rDev -35.3%

A - Clear, dark yellow, head is mediocre.

S - Great big artificial grape aromas. (You know... the purple juice)

T - Bleah. Boozy to the extreme. Tastes like watered down vodka. Should I have expected this? Straight up nasty, bitter chemically aftertaste. It buuurns. The bumwine of the beer world. This is nasty-ass stuff.

M - It buuurns.

D - I tried to feed this to my drain, but it refused.

Worst beer ever.

2.99/5  rDev +33.5%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3.25

1.48/5  rDev -33.9%

OHHHH DAMN!!

This is retched shit, I kid you not. My friend picked this up for me the other night when I was looking to get wasted and this is by far the most diabolical lager ever produced. I mean, Danish people have gotta have something else to be proud of.

First you snap the can and you take a wif and it has a sweet metallic vegetable smell, but not in a good way. It's too offensive

I didn't even look at the brew, I saw some of it fall on the table, not worthy of a clean glass... I thought that I would get an exotic Euro beer but it's pale and the carbonation is ever present. Like liquor soda or something to that effect.

Taste... why would you want to. It breaks down as something that attacks the mouth and makes the stomach churn. Sweet and dangerous, the copper and alcohol attacks in the background.

This brew is only worth buying if you want to get wasted and want a beer that I'm sure has just been mixed with wood alcohol

Faxe Extra Strong from Royal Unibrew A/S