The Devil Made Me Do It! Coffee Imperial Oatmeal Porter | Tyranena Brewing Company

The Devil Made Me Do It! Coffee Imperial Oatmeal PorterThe Devil Made Me Do It! Coffee Imperial Oatmeal Porter

Tyranena Brewing Company
Wisconsin, United States
tyranena.com

Style: American Porter

Coffee beans used are a blend of Costa Rican and Sumatran from Berres Brothers Coffee Roasters in Watertown, Wi.

Added by Winter on 02-10-2007

firstprev| 226-250 | 251-275 | 276-300  | next → last
Reviews: 278 | Ratings: 694
4.48/5  rDev +7.4%

Beer pours out a good head, the first time tonight the head actually almost poured out of the glass. As I took a drink of the overflowing head I did notice the resemblance to Founder's Breakfast Stout having had one within a month. The smell is sooo coffee filled and nice! The malts are less chocolatey than Founder's Breakfast Stout, but they are still really awsome!! The taste is very coffee, very nice. Smooth mouthfeel makes it very nice as well. There is a bit of oatmeal in the after taste. Overall this is very nice and I will enjoy the last 3 of these fine beauts. So good I had two tonight!

4.15/5  rDev -0.5%

12oz bottle, scooped a 4 pack at Riley's and havent seen it elsewhere yet as Spank me Baby is still overflowing the shelves.

Given that Whos Your Daddy was one of the finest beers i have ever tasted, i have high hopes for this similar sounding effort

appearance: pours into a snifter...body is absolute darkness, black as night...foamy chocolate head forms and leaves a decent lace around the rim. highly appealing

smell: fresh grounded coffee beans that comes through rather strong, vanilla, hazelnut (OMG not hazelnut!!!), light toffee, creamy chocolate covered coffee beans...dark, robust and mysterious

taste: This is quite good, but I think I wanted it to be too much like Who's Your Daddy. strong roasted coffee dominates the flavor profile - highly roasted, light burnt flavour, vanilla, hazelnut, light oak. The finish leaves a little something to desire if you ask me as it falls a little flat when the initial burst of coffee wears out. I love coffee, i love beer, so this is right up my alley

mouthfeel: smooth and creamy, strong rich coffee presence, trace booze in the finish

drinkability: pretty good

4.97/5  rDev +19.2%

Picked up a couple 4-packs at Riley's here in Madison. If this is anything like their Who's Your Daddy with coffee I think I might just faint.

Pour: deep, rich coffee black under 3 fingers of chunky, thick, cocoa-tinted foam that fades to a creamy cappuccino foam leaving solid lacing down the walls of my Duvel tulip.

Nose: fresh roasted double-strength coffee, charred coffee grounds, chicory, vanilla-oak, toffee and cocoa nibs. Just a luscious aroma.

Taste: smooth espresso, vanilla creme, roasted malt, rich toffee, some sweet dark fruits, toasted grain and a lingering coffee bean/dark cocoa bitterness. Simply luxurious on the palate.

Feel: silky smooth and thinner than I expected, but that's a good thing.

Drinkability/Overall: Another Imperial Porter home run by Tyranena. A mash-up of Founders Breakfast Stout and their vanilla/hazelnut bomb, Who's your Daddy that mixes the best of both while muting their over-the-top characteristics. Two 4's are definitely not enough for this one. I will be stocking up post-haste. I'd say hurry up and get this but I want it all for myself.

firstprev| 226-250 | 251-275 | 276-300  | next → last
The Devil Made Me Do It! Coffee Imperial Oatmeal Porter from Tyranena Brewing Company