Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

6th Sense | Castle Eden & Camerons Brewing Company Ltd

cameronsbrewery.com

Style: English Strong Ale

Added by BeerAdvocate on 05-04-2010

3.42/5  rDev +17.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

500ml Bottle: BBD two weeks before I opened it on 20th Oct 2013.

Looked fine in my Abbot Ale glass tankard. Amber/chestnut in colour with a full off-white creamy head of foam.

The malt content rules both the nose and taste: caramel and dark fruit notes being the flavours and aromas I found. Semi-sweet and full bodied with a slight bitter finish.

I like maltier brews, so this falls nicely into my range.

2.66/5  rDev -8.9%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

Deep chestnut brown body with almost no head a few microscopic bubbles and that is it

Very small nose here, it's like cough syrup slight aroma of rum& coke.

I have never used internet speech/slang before but OMG
it tastes like Rum & coke as well it tastes like something a lot stronger

Its so fizzy yet I can't get it too look like beer
it is really thin as well

If it wasn't for the fizz I would have thought this actually was Rum & coke poured into a beer bottle but with coke from a dispenser from a miserly bar where the post mix is hardly used to be stingy.

Not Good, not good at all

2.68/5  rDev -8.2%

A thoroughly uneventful strong beer. Rich red chestnut color under and inch of foam that disappears, leaving little trace. Smell is strong malt with that ever elusive cat pee trace…

…that tastes a bit leathery on the tongue. When cold, the three hops at least tried to fight off the malty sweetness but when coming to room temperature, the malts take over. There's a bit of plum and dark fruit, but mostly it becomes much too sweet.

Worth trying. But I won't be coming back for seconds.

6th Sense from Castle Eden & Camerons Brewing Company Ltd