Citra Blonde Summer Brew | Widmer Brothers Brewing Company

4.25/5  rDev +17.4%

4.5/5  rDev +24.3%

3.25/5  rDev -10.2%

3.65/5  rDev +0.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

Pours clear yellow with a pretty big white head that left some sticky lacing and stuck around for a while.

Aroma and flavor are somewhat citra-y, not overpoweringly so, but the hop is certainly noticeable. There's a lightly grainy backbone and a touch of sweet citrus.

Body is light and lawn-mower-y. Carbonation is light and could be a touch higher, but ain't bad.

Overall it's pretty refreshing and fits the description of a blonde ale pretty well.

3.77/5  rDev +4.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Once more, my thanks go out to my local, in-person trader, tone77. There are just so many beers available now that I would probably gloss over a large portion of them, but he keeps me grounded.

From the bottle: "Citra hops lend their name, aroma and striking citrus flavor to the soft malt notes of this uniquely refreshing golden ale."; "It's a perfect pairing that's perfectly refreshing from the first sip to the last. Prost! to summer [undersigned] Kent [? &] Rob".

My anxious pour netted me just over two fingers of dense, bone-white head with very good retention. Color was a slightly-hazy sunshine yellow (SRM = 4) and I found myself wishing for the return of warmer weather. I just attended my 30-year high school reunion last night and by the end, my feet and right knee caused me to have to sit down. Today, the arthritis in my hands is kicking it. Warmth would be good right about now. The foam fell as I typed, leaving beautiful lacing in its wake. I plan on running the dishwasher later today so it all works out. The jackhammer can remain in the basement as a result. Nose was citrusy, evocative of tangerines or mandarin oranges. Mouthfeel was light, not thin per se, but not big, either. Upon tasting it, I definitely stand behind tangerines in terms of taste. A nice breakfast beer, although I have already eaten breakfast. Finish was semi-dry and this would make an excellent lawnmower beer during the summertime.

Citra Blonde Summer Brew from Widmer Brothers Brewing Company