Marionberry Hibiscus Gose | Widmer Brothers Brewing Company

3.75/5  rDev +13.3%

2.5/5  rDev -24.5%

2.26/5  rDev -31.7%
look: 4 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Had on-tap at Jupiter in Berkeley, CA. Served in a pint glass. Reviewed from notes.

A - A beautiful reddish amber opaque body, when held to the sky. Had barely a head, which quickly formed a slight ring around the rim.

S - I dont know if it was because there was piping hot sausage pizza on my plate, or the wrong glassware for a gose, but I could not smell very much out of the glass. I got very faint floral and cranberry-esque hints. Marionberry, where art thou?

T - Bitter cranberry juice mixed with a brown ale past its prime is the best way I can describe it. Tartness is present but lacking. No salt or lactic acid taste whatsoever.

M - Very light bodied and light carbonation. Would be easy to drink if it did not taste so aweful.

O - Wow, what a downer. It looked beautiful, but taste was extremely lacking. I almost feel like this was not a gose. It was slightly tart, but lacked the salt and lactic flavor I was looking for in a gose. It also lacked a distinct marionberry flavor and tasted more like old cranberries, and I only got hibiscus in the scent, not the flavors. I would not buy again, nor would I recommend it.

Marionberry Hibiscus Gose from Widmer Brothers Brewing Company