Gentlemen’s Club - Bourbon Barrel Aged | Widmer Brothers Brewing Company

Alströms:

2.75/5  rDev -23.4%

2.76/5  rDev -23.1%

2.89/5  rDev -19.5%

Got this half priced at total wine and I can see why. Reminds me of a Avery alcohol bomb but without the flavor. Not really tasting much bourbon either. Glad I was half off

2.91/5  rDev -18.9%

rusty amber, lighter-colored than anticipated. probably thinking 'stout' when I saw bourbon barrel aged.... everybody's bb-aging everything these days... or blending everything, it seems....
fruits and alcohol, then bourbon on the smell.
taste is alcohol heat. liquid is thin, but the alcohol is very prominent. and not the bourbon. for $20, I expect WAYYY better than this. very one-dimensional. I get the slight toffee in there, the vanilla. somewhere there is some fruit, I guess. but I kind of feel like i'm nursing a cheap brand of no-name whiskey. not much to understand or know of it, and not certain if that taste was intended to be there, ya know?
it looks pretty good. it has a nice color and some good foamy stuff around the edges. but there isn't much else to hang the hat on here. alcohol HEAT is too prevalent and I feel i'm drinking the cheap sh*t... and yet this one cost $20 at Huntington beach total wine. very disappointed... article says it was brought out june 5th, and yet there are only three actual reviews on BA? is that the same as a restaurant never having any customers? I bet ratebeer has it at 96 like everything else... too expensive to dump; i'll choke it down, take whatever buzz I can get from it, and kiss my frig because there is better stuff in there to wash down the bad taste. glad I did this one first!!

3.26/5  rDev -9.2%