Heineken Premium Light Lager | Heineken Nederland B.V.

Heineken Premium Light LagerHeineken Premium Light Lager

User Reviews & Ratings
Reviews: 295 | Ratings: 1,024
2.88/5  rDev +22%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

16oz can poured into Duvel tulip. BBD FEB-2020 printed on bottom of can. So this still has up to 8 months of freshness left in it. Picked it up at the grocery store in a 4 pack for $6.

Appearance - Pours large offwhite semi-loose head with good retention, patchy lacing and decent to low stick. Crystal clear medium gold body. 4

Smell - The graininess you'd except from a euro lager, but a little fainter than normal. 3.5

Taste - Heineken plus water? Did I figure it out? Bland. But I mean, that's what you get what you're asking for. No real off characters. 2.5

Mouthfeel - Thin, watery, clean. I guess even refreshing, though without the effervescence you'd normally associate with that word. 2.5

Overall - It's damn near water, but again, you're getting exactly what you're asking for when you get a beer with the variation "light" slapped across the label. No real off characters to speak of. Probably good with pairing with delicate foods. About to try it with sushi. The best praise I can give it, is it's not overly bad. 2.75

3.36/5  rDev +42.4%
look: 2 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

There is nothing particularly wrong with this beer. I personally would probably prefer a regular Heineken though if I had to choose. Super light, but goes does incredibly smooth.

3.5/5  rDev +48.3%

The nose brings citrus and grass to mind, while the malt profile is very hard to make out. The taste is very clean and inoffensive. While the attack distantly reminds of hay and grain, it is otherwise devoid of any malt character, and the center is formed by distant echoes of hops with just a faint hint of a shadow of bitterness, leading up to a mostly clean finish with a hint of grain. The body is lean and feels as though it has been diluted with water. There's nothing off with the brew, but it sure is bland.

3.72/5  rDev +57.6%

12 Oz bottle poured into glass
Look - similar to an adjunct lager, very clear, pale straw color, some foam and some glass lacing
Smell - aroma of various herbs and earth grains. Some sour, some bitter. Very unique yeast.
Taste - Extremely light, almost water-like and some flavor but nothing too crazy. Essentially tastes like a watered down Heineken. Lots of white bread and paleness. Carbonation is only medium which is good. Could probably drink this all night its so smooth and crisp and light.

Overall, if you are going to drink Heineken out of a bottle, make sure it has been packed well without any light access or you risky drinking skunk. If its not skunked i find it very enjoyable although this light version is too light for me on most occasions. I give it a grade of B

3.68/5  rDev +55.9%

12 ounce bottle into lager glass, bottled on 5/2/2018. Pours crystal clear pale golden yellow color with a 1 finger fairly dense and rocky white head with great retention, that reduces to a thin cap that lingers. Nice spotty lacing clings on the glass, with a fair amount of streaming carbonation. Aromas of cracker, white bread dough, lightly toasted biscuit, pepper, and herbal/grassy earthiness. Nice aromas with good balance of pale malt and light-moderate earthy hop notes; with good strength. Taste of cracker, white bread dough, lightly toasted biscuit, pepper, and herbal/grassy earthiness. Light-moderate herbal, grassy, peppery bitterness on the finish. Lingering notes of cracker, white bread dough, lightly toasted biscuit, pepper, and herbal/grassy earthiness on the finish for a good bit. Nice robustness and balance of pale malt and light-moderate earthy hop flavors; with a great malt/bitterness balance, and no astringent flavors after the finish. Moderately crisp/clean finishing. Perfectly clean on lager flavors, with no fruity/yeasty notes present. Moderate increasing dryness from bitterness and carbonation. Medium-high carbonation and light body; with a very smooth and moderately bready/grainy/sticky balanced mouthfeel that is great. Zero warming alcohol as expected of 3.3%. Overall this is a nice light lager. All around nice robustness and balance of pale malt and light-moderate earthy hop flavors; very smooth, crisp, clean, and refreshing to drink. Nicely flavorful and not watery for the ABV. No skunk at all surprisingly. Clean pils malts and nice earthy hop presence for the style. A nicely enjoyable offering, and great style example. Probably the best macro light lager I've ever had!

3.5/5  rDev +48.3%

I actually really enjoyed this one. Very easy drinking and refreshing. Smooth and inoffensive. I would definitely get it again. So enjoy some Heineken Light. Cheers.

2.47/5  rDev +4.7%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 2.5

Sparkling pale gold with a large but light foamy white head. Demerits for the terrible bottle.

Smell is skunk, grapefruit, bread and nuts.

Taste is corn nuts, semi-bitter grass, and bread with a tangy, crisp mild froth, medium-light body and semi-dry finish.

How the hell this shite beer has better ratings than any number of far better AALs and BMCs out there, I'll never know.

1.27/5  rDev -46.2%

It tasted very similar to a regular Heineken,with lots and lots of water added. Its just so weak in every way, I just felt and tasted almost nothing. It is probably okay for people who aren't familiar with flavorful craft beer but again it was just very weak

2.77/5  rDev +17.4%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

Pale yellow color with minimal head. Smells of corn and grain. Slightly funky odor. Tastes mainly of corn, grain, biscuit and sweet malt but everything was quite faint and distant. A little metallic but smooth enough with malt backbone to overcome that aftertaste. Finish was a little bitter, mild carbonation. Easy to drink but not that enjoyable.

2.64/5  rDev +11.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.75

Oh boy it looks bad. Urine-like, briefly foamy. Translucent and barely colored. Smells pretty pleasant actually. A slight funk to it. More than I was expecting. It's an extremely balanced-tasting beer, though there's not much to balance. Highly drinkable, though barely beer. Feels pretty solid for a light beer, then becomes water. I'm conflicted on this one but all in all it's definitely too light and essentially unsweetened wheat soda.

For $1.09 a pint, you simply can't beat it. More flavor than any other light beer at this price point, and low enough ABV that I can drink it all weekend.

3.5/5  rDev +48.3%

It's not a craft beer but it is one of my favorite industrial mass production beers. Years ago I would have preferred the Lager version but with the years adding up, this Light Lager version is good for me. For entertaining family or friends who don't drink craft beers, this is my go to beer.

2.85/5  rDev +20.8%

I think this is one of the best imported light beers along with Labatt Blue Light and the Trader Joe's brand from Mexico.
Easy drinking available everywhere.

3.65/5  rDev +54.7%

This lager has an average look. Golden. I find it has a crisp smell. This is one of the best tasting imported light beers on the market. It is light and crisp in its feel with a clean finish.

3.07/5  rDev +30.1%

12 oz bottles from Giant in Bartonsville, Pa. I thought this would be inferior to my go-to light beers, Amstel Light and Sam Adams Light. I was pleasantly surprised!

L: Doesn't look special. Light Amber color, decent lacing. Not overly carbonated, but more than Amstel or Sam Adams.

S: Skunky hops, soap.

T: Wow! Not bad! Reminds me very much of the original Heineken Lager, same malt and hop complexity.

F: Exactly what you'd expect. Crisp and almost refreshing for a lager, the hop character and light body remind me more of Belgian ales than Dutch lagers.

O: One of the best mass-produced light imports I've tried. I've heard tell of flat or overly-funky bottles. I'd suggest sticking with cans if possible.

Bought a 6-pack $7.49 Times Supermarket
Light golden color
Medium-light carbonation
Light mouthfeel
Clean, light malt taste
Overall does not taste at all like Heineken. It does taste better than most domestic macro brewed light beers, but not worth the extra cost. Would'nt buy again.

3.68/5  rDev +55.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

This wasn't as bad as I was expecting given its origin and reviews here. It must have been a fresh bottle I got because it actually had a decent hop flavor and it went very well with the food I had. Refreshing on a summer's day.

2.06/5  rDev -12.7%

Tastes like a watered down, slightly more skunky Heineken. Pours a clear yellow color with a one inch white head that left a little lacing. Smells of grains, lightly roasted malts and that skunky quality that we all hate. Tastes like malt flavored water. Light bodied, watery mouth feel, moderate carbonation.

2.69/5  rDev +14%
look: 2 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

My ratings are in consideration of this being a light beer. I think light beers should not be rated against non-light beers. They deserve their own category... That said, Heineken Premium Light is a better beer in it's class than traditional Heineken Lager is in the class of non light import lagers... Finding a good light beer is very hard and finding a light beer at a local bar is usually the undrinkable Bud Light, Miller Light, Michelob Ultra, etc... Among these watered down abominations Heineken Light taste quite good. Can't hold it's own against full bodied, hearty beer, but for providing something that actually taste like a beer for under 100 calories I would have to say Heineken Light is second only to Sam Adams Light (and Sam Adams is actually 120 calories/bottle).

3.18/5  rDev +34.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

This was a beer left in fridge by a nephew. Oddly i like this beer. You can definitely taste the cascade hop feel here. The beer I am drinking tastes nothing like a Heiniken and this from a dreaded green bottle. I will say it is thin and somewhat watery and i would never buy but it did surprise me in a decent way.

2.09/5  rDev -11.4%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2

Definitely my choose for a light beer over the big ones. Still holds a lot of the flavor from the original which never happens. Not one to go for the light beers but if you need to here it is. Cheers

Heineken Premium Light Lager brewed by Heineken Nederland B.V. This light larger has an ABV of 3.30% The brew pours out a nice golden amber color w a small white head. Spotty lacing to this brew, really thin like. The smell is rich with grains, and malts. You do pick up on some nice hop notes in the smell of this brew. There is also a hit of skunk in the smell, not as bad as I was expecting. Now for the taste, light with with good flavors. The thing I really like is there is no skunk flavor to this green bottle brew. That is a plus in my book. This is a really nice crisp light brew, it goes down nice and smooth. There is a real nice balance to Heineken Premium Light Lager. There is nothing overpowering about this brew. The mouth feel of Heineken Premium Light Lager, is Thin, Light, Crisp and Refreshing. This brew would go nice on a hot summer day. Kinda was hoping for a bit higher ABV but it is what it is. Like I said this brew taste better than regular Heineken. This was a brew that I was not going to review because of negatives of the original Heineken Premium. However I'm glad I gave this brew a honest chance, and I will be buying this brew again just to change it up for a bit. Overall all I'm giving Heineken Premium Light Lager a soild 4 out of 5. Nothing to write home about but a nice smooth crisp light brew. Heineken Nederland B.V., did a real nice job with this light larger.

1.83/5  rDev -22.5%
look: 4 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.25

As if they couldn't have made Heineken worse, they succeeded. This is thin and watery pee-pee water. I can't even begin to describe how repulsive it is. Take Heineken and mix with seltzer, you are now drinking this scum. Avoid.

4.23/5  rDev +79.2%

Years ago this beer was terrible. One of the worst beers I've ever had. Then on day my dad had some in the fridge and It was too late to get some of my own beer so I cracked one open. My first sip I was blown away. They completely changed the taste of the beer. I hated the old taste but this new taste was amazing in my eyes. I thought maybe something had spilt on the top of the can and was enhancing the flavor so I washed the next can before opening it. It was just as good. I started drinking that beer over time and now it's my favorite beer. I even got some people who used to hate it, like myself, to agree that now it is a very good tasting beer. And it has low calories.

3.11/5  rDev +31.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

12oz bottle poured into a pint glass. Faint gold yellow body has good carbonation and a disappearing 1in head. Metallic and malt aromas. Taste is the same. Crisp finish. Still the best lo-cal beer.

Heineken Premium Light Lager from Heineken Nederland B.V.
Beer rating: 2.36 out of 5 with 1,024 ratings