Heineken Premium Light Lager | Heineken Nederland B.V.

Heineken Premium Light LagerHeineken Premium Light Lager

View: Beers
Ratings: 1,018 |  Reviews: 291
Reviews by bsm80x:

2.85/5  rDev +20.8%

I think this is one of the best imported light beers along with Labatt Blue Light and the Trader Joe's brand from Mexico.
Easy drinking available everywhere.

3.65/5  rDev +54.7%

This lager has an average look. Golden. I find it has a crisp smell. This is one of the best tasting imported light beers on the market. It is light and crisp in its feel with a clean finish.

1.83/5  rDev -22.5%
look: 4 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.25

As if they couldn't have made Heineken worse, they succeeded. This is thin and watery pee-pee water. I can't even begin to describe how repulsive it is. Take Heineken and mix with seltzer, you are now drinking this scum. Avoid.

1.64/5  rDev -30.5%

Appearance – This stinker came out of the lovely green bottle a solid yellow in color with a nice white head that actually left some lacing on the inside of my glass.

Smell – The skunk was in full effect here just like it was for Daddy Heiny. The putrid smell of rotten grain and moldy Pixie Stix filled the room instantly.

Taste – Oh, this is gross. I can kind of taste some grain but other than that it’s like licking a skunk’s asshole after he just inhaled two giant been burritos and a dead goldfish.

Mouthfeel – This is light-bodied with a disappointing carbonated fizzle.

Sinkability – This was a very sinkable beer.

For $1.09 a pint, you simply can't beat it. More flavor than any other light beer at this price point, and low enough ABV that I can drink it all weekend.

3.68/5  rDev +55.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

This wasn't as bad as I was expecting given its origin and reviews here. It must have been a fresh bottle I got because it actually had a decent hop flavor and it went very well with the food I had. Refreshing on a summer's day.

2.69/5  rDev +14%
look: 2 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

My ratings are in consideration of this being a light beer. I think light beers should not be rated against non-light beers. They deserve their own category... That said, Heineken Premium Light is a better beer in it's class than traditional Heineken Lager is in the class of non light import lagers... Finding a good light beer is very hard and finding a light beer at a local bar is usually the undrinkable Bud Light, Miller Light, Michelob Ultra, etc... Among these watered down abominations Heineken Light taste quite good. Can't hold it's own against full bodied, hearty beer, but for providing something that actually taste like a beer for under 100 calories I would have to say Heineken Light is second only to Sam Adams Light (and Sam Adams is actually 120 calories/bottle).

3.5/5  rDev +48.3%

It's not a craft beer but it is one of my favorite industrial mass production beers. Years ago I would have preferred the Lager version but with the years adding up, this Light Lager version is good for me. For entertaining family or friends who don't drink craft beers, this is my go to beer.

3.07/5  rDev +30.1%

12 oz bottles from Giant in Bartonsville, Pa. I thought this would be inferior to my go-to light beers, Amstel Light and Sam Adams Light. I was pleasantly surprised!

L: Doesn't look special. Light Amber color, decent lacing. Not overly carbonated, but more than Amstel or Sam Adams.

S: Skunky hops, soap.

T: Wow! Not bad! Reminds me very much of the original Heineken Lager, same malt and hop complexity.

F: Exactly what you'd expect. Crisp and almost refreshing for a lager, the hop character and light body remind me more of Belgian ales than Dutch lagers.

O: One of the best mass-produced light imports I've tried. I've heard tell of flat or overly-funky bottles. I'd suggest sticking with cans if possible.

3.5/5  rDev +48.3%
look: 3 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

this beer is way overhated. people see "light" and assume the worst. this is actually better than heineken heavy, and a good representation of a german lager

Heineken Premium Light Lager brewed by Heineken Nederland B.V. This light larger has an ABV of 3.30% The brew pours out a nice golden amber color w a small white head. Spotty lacing to this brew, really thin like. The smell is rich with grains, and malts. You do pick up on some nice hop notes in the smell of this brew. There is also a hit of skunk in the smell, not as bad as I was expecting. Now for the taste, light with with good flavors. The thing I really like is there is no skunk flavor to this green bottle brew. That is a plus in my book. This is a really nice crisp light brew, it goes down nice and smooth. There is a real nice balance to Heineken Premium Light Lager. There is nothing overpowering about this brew. The mouth feel of Heineken Premium Light Lager, is Thin, Light, Crisp and Refreshing. This brew would go nice on a hot summer day. Kinda was hoping for a bit higher ABV but it is what it is. Like I said this brew taste better than regular Heineken. This was a brew that I was not going to review because of negatives of the original Heineken Premium. However I'm glad I gave this brew a honest chance, and I will be buying this brew again just to change it up for a bit. Overall all I'm giving Heineken Premium Light Lager a soild 4 out of 5. Nothing to write home about but a nice smooth crisp light brew. Heineken Nederland B.V., did a real nice job with this light larger.

4.23/5  rDev +79.2%

Years ago this beer was terrible. One of the worst beers I've ever had. Then on day my dad had some in the fridge and It was too late to get some of my own beer so I cracked one open. My first sip I was blown away. They completely changed the taste of the beer. I hated the old taste but this new taste was amazing in my eyes. I thought maybe something had spilt on the top of the can and was enhancing the flavor so I washed the next can before opening it. It was just as good. I started drinking that beer over time and now it's my favorite beer. I even got some people who used to hate it, like myself, to agree that now it is a very good tasting beer. And it has low calories.

2.09/5  rDev -11.4%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2

Definitely my choose for a light beer over the big ones. Still holds a lot of the flavor from the original which never happens. Not one to go for the light beers but if you need to here it is. Cheers

Among light beers, this is no worse than average, and perhaps a bit better, but then, this is a low standard to start with. Overall, the flavor profile seemed true to the standard Heineken lager, only watered-down. I suspect you could achieve the same effect by letting a couple of ice cubes melt in a glass of Heineken. Neither offensive nor enjoyable. Just wet.

2.5/5  rDev +5.9%

1.97/5  rDev -16.5%

1.5/5  rDev -36.4%

3.6/5  rDev +52.5%

just an average drinkable beer. very very light, crisp taste. however you can taste that it is a quality made light beer. this sint a bud light we are talking about here. deep, complex taste no, cheap crap no. again would reccomend for dieters mainly.

look: 3.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

Slight skunky smell but typical of what you'd expect from Heineken. Definitely better than the 56 overall rating though....tastes like slightly watered down Heineken. Typical light beer but good on a warm day playing golf.

2.25/5  rDev -4.7%

2.43/5  rDev +3%

12 oz green bottle with plastic labels and a bottle code which may or may not have anything to do with freshness.

A- Pale golden straw with a fizzy looking lace from hasty bubbles rising to the top.

S- Not much in the aroma other than some faint grain and cooked hops.

T&M- A bit more smooth than crisp in the light and dry body. Mild astringent quality middle to end. Quick bite of grain and hop bitterness and then the clean and dry after tastes quickly sets in.

D- A watery beer, this is a beer for people that really don't want to drink beer or think that drinking regular beer will make them fat ... its not all of the fast food and junk food that made them fat right? When will this low-carb beer fad die a quick death?

Heineken Premium Light Lager from Heineken Nederland B.V.
Beer rating: 2.36 out of 5 with 1,018 ratings