Heineken Premium Light Lager | Heineken Nederland B.V.

awful

heineken.com

Style: Light Lager

3.3% ABV in some states in the USA

Added by Jason on 03-01-2005

This is a quality light lager. while AAL light lagers are very cheap and not really good, (Coors Light is the only one I'll drink) This one is just spectacular. I can smell hops. The taste is really hoppy too, and light. Not really light on flavor, as it still has plenty of hoppy flavor and a hint of malt. Don't know why this is rated so bad. This honestly i have had 5 with barbecue chicken, and i am not really drunk or full. 3.3% ABV makes this perfect for me. Perfect session beer. The reason i liked coors was the fact it was low in alcohol and didnt fill me up. this does the same thing while retaining a good amount of flavor. Would drink this a lot.

4.68/5  rDev +98.3%

4.5/5  rDev +90.7%

Best light beer out there. People knock because of low alcohol content...maybe they don't understand what light means. Very crisp and clean. You can taste the hops...unadulterated and clean. Phenomenal light beer.

Photo of
4.5/5  rDev +90.7%

You had this beer. Write a review.

4.25/5  rDev +80.1%

4.25/5  rDev +80.1%

4.23/5  rDev +79.2%

Years ago this beer was terrible. One of the worst beers I've ever had. Then on day my dad had some in the fridge and It was too late to get some of my own beer so I cracked one open. My first sip I was blown away. They completely changed the taste of the beer. I hated the old taste but this new taste was amazing in my eyes. I thought maybe something had spilt on the top of the can and was enhancing the flavor so I washed the next can before opening it. It was just as good. I started drinking that beer over time and now it's my favorite beer. I even got some people who used to hate it, like myself, to agree that now it is a very good tasting beer. And it has low calories.

4.22/5  rDev +78.8%

I am a big fan of this beer. I have never really liked Heineken too much. A little too many hops and skunky taste for me. However, Heineken Light has that great smoothness and mouthfeel of Heineken, without the skunk taste. I definitely hitthis drink up at any Heineken event from now on.

4.22/5  rDev +78.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

For being a mainstream, high-production beer, it is great.

4.16/5  rDev +76.3%
look: 4 | smell: 3 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.75

It's the best tasting light beer or money back guarantee

4.16/5  rDev +76.3%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 3.75

Appearance - Pours a very crisp looking clear golden color with a centimeter thick head that dissipates quickly leaving a thin, but nice lacing.

Smell - Has a pleasantly strong skunky aroma that pretty much dominates everything else. Grains and bread are the only other detectable aromas.

Taste - Not as skunky as the aroma but it's still good. Fairly sweet with a slight corn flavor, plus grains and bread. It has minimal bitterness from the hops.

Mouthfeel - Light bodied with high carbonation.. Very crisp

Overall - Very easy to drink on. Would be great for the summer.

Heineken Premium Light Lager brewed by Heineken Nederland B.V. This light larger has an ABV of 3.30% The brew pours out a nice golden amber color w a small white head. Spotty lacing to this brew, really thin like. The smell is rich with grains, and malts. You do pick up on some nice hop notes in the smell of this brew. There is also a hit of skunk in the smell, not as bad as I was expecting. Now for the taste, light with with good flavors. The thing I really like is there is no skunk flavor to this green bottle brew. That is a plus in my book. This is a really nice crisp light brew, it goes down nice and smooth. There is a real nice balance to Heineken Premium Light Lager. There is nothing overpowering about this brew. The mouth feel of Heineken Premium Light Lager, is Thin, Light, Crisp and Refreshing. This brew would go nice on a hot summer day. Kinda was hoping for a bit higher ABV but it is what it is. Like I said this brew taste better than regular Heineken. This was a brew that I was not going to review because of negatives of the original Heineken Premium. However I'm glad I gave this brew a honest chance, and I will be buying this brew again just to change it up for a bit. Overall all I'm giving Heineken Premium Light Lager a soild 4 out of 5. Nothing to write home about but a nice smooth crisp light brew. Heineken Nederland B.V., did a real nice job with this light larger.

After reading the previous reviews on this beer it's obvious to me how many rookie beer drinkers we have registered here. This beer is obviously a EUROPEAN LIGHT beer. Unlike most of the fake mass produced American beers with light on the label and 4-5% Alc. European beers are also light on alcohol. This one is perfect for what it is brewed for. Not everyone is an alky that drinks to get drunk. I love this beer as I can drink several and enjoy them without waking up dying with a hangover. If your out to get drunk then by all means this is not your beer. If your looking for a great tasting easy to drink light beer that won't bloat you or scramble your brain, then this is the beer. I love it and I've drank more beers in more countries than the average American. I've also drank more beer than some small countries. Rather than read some punks review how about try it yourself and rate it honestly for what it is and not what you want it to be. Word!

Heineken Premium Light Lager from Heineken Nederland B.V.