Heineken Premium Light Lager | Heineken Nederland B.V.

Heineken Premium Light LagerHeineken Premium Light Lager

Style: Light Lager

3.3% ABV in some states in the USA

Added by Jason on 03-01-2005

1.93/5  rDev -17.5%
look: 1.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 1.75

1.93/5  rDev -17.5%

This brew was one of my early beers I had, I actually stole a bottom from a friends parents fridge hoping they wouldn't notice. As far as I know they never noticed. Anyway the beer was decent at the time but since then I've had much better. The beer looks much like regular Heineken and smells the too. the taste is just a little more watered down.

1.94/5  rDev -17.1%

1.94/5  rDev -17.1%

Pure marketing crap. I think the difference in calories (last time I checked) between regular Heineken and Heinenken Light is a whopping 11 calories!

This beer is just watered down Heineken. I wouldn't even use this for cooking or beer batter. Get real Heineken or a Stella instead. Don't fall for the marketing jive.

1.95/5  rDev -16.7%

I had this one with a group of guys following a round of golf. It wouldn’t have been my choice, but it was all that was being served. It serves up about what is expected from a light beer. It sports a pale straw color with a fizzy head. The aroma is almost nonexistent, with only a faint whiff of grassiness and hops. There’s virtually no flavor, and the beer is exceptionally dry. Watery body and empty finish. This beer is simply forgettable.

1.95/5  rDev -16.7%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 3.5

A- Pours a pale yellow with a super foamy head and off white lacing. Nothing to write home about, just like your typical light beer.

S- Grainy, bready, not overwhelming; just unattractive in general. The smell doesn't invite me to want to drink this one, but I did anyway. You can also smell that there will be some bitterness in this beer.

T- Pretty watery, just look at the alcohol content. Also kind of bittery and some mustiness to it. Yuck.

M- The carbonation makes this beer score low here.

D- Drinkable. I could see anyone having maybe a six pack of this in a couple hours. Nothing really could hold one back from drinking a lot of these because the alcohol content is low.

1.95/5  rDev -16.7%

Heineken “Premium” Light Lager Beer pours a peaked amber from its 12oz light green glass bottle.

Nose is of fizz water and fizz water...
Palate is...??? FIZZ WATER!!!

What gives? What will it take? For a Major Brewer to come up with a “Light Lager” That really really tastes like real BEER!

1.97/5  rDev -15.8%

Pours a clean, pale yellow color, with a white head. In the aroma, sweet and small skunky malt. In the taste, small sweet malt, but quite bland. A small bite, but mostly smooth mouthfeel, with a clean, small dry aftertaste. Kind of skunky, but a clean, small sweet malt.

1.99/5  rDev -15%

Drank from a can found in my sister's fridge, i figured what the hell.

A- I drank this from the can but poured a bit into a small glass. Light straw yellow with a fizzy minimal white cap that left before i got to know it. no lace.

S- HL smells like Pepé Le Pew, very skunky just like the regular version. Maybe some malts in here and very faded hops. All I really get is the skunked smell.

T- Well, the taste is slightly skunked as well but not as much as the regular version, hence, this being the light version. Grains and just a notion of hop presence. Some bready malts as well.

M- Thin and light but alot of active carbonation is heard and felt. Goes down very easy and would be better without pepe.

D- Not really, I finished my can because I was parched and needed some liquid but I would not willingly buy this for myself, or bring it to a party. I need to try a heineken in amsterdam to see if there is a difference, because I get the feeling they just send the U.S. the dregs of the heineken line-up.

Among light beers, this is no worse than average, and perhaps a bit better, but then, this is a low standard to start with. Overall, the flavor profile seemed true to the standard Heineken lager, only watered-down. I suspect you could achieve the same effect by letting a couple of ice cubes melt in a glass of Heineken. Neither offensive nor enjoyable. Just wet.

So why does Henie need a light version? I dunno. This is basically Heineken cut with (more) water. Everything is diluted. Appearance, even more straw yellow, more white head, disappears even faster. Aroma, less skunky, but I liked the skunk.

Taste, less skunky, but I buy Heineken when I wants me some skunk. In the words of the Circle Jerks, "I just want some skunk." Well, close enough. Anyways, the water downplays the zestiness, even the carbonation. I can imagine the making of a Heineken light 12 pack.

Take Heineken 6 pack. Add equal parts water to the beer. Voila! 12 pack of Heinecken light.

Heineken- Premium Light

Appearance- Light yellow almost clear with a quick fizzy head.
Smell- Very sugary sweet syrupy malt. Rice and corn adjunct.
Taste- Sweet rice and corn flavors. Very watery very little flavor here.
Mouthfeel- Watery up front followed by a quick burst of sweet adjunct flavoring and finishing off watery and lifeless.

Overall- Practically no flavor. Don't waste your time.

Someone left a few in my fridge so I figured I'd review it. I'm going back onto my,"don't drink and review macro's" ban!!!

Heineken Premium Light Lager from Heineken Nederland B.V.