Heineken Lager Beer | Heineken Nederland B.V.

Heineken Lager BeerHeineken Lager Beer

heineken.com

Style: Euro Pale Lager

Added by OldFrothingSlosh on 01-29-2001

Ratings: 4,974 |  Reviews: 1,385

A good everyday, reliable import. Available almost every where and 9 times out of 10, reliable. Once in a very great while, I have noticed a soapy flavor in the bottles. Best on tap, next in the can and finally in the bottle. This is every man's European import.

2.88/5  rDev +5.9%

Served from a 330ml bottle to a shaker

A: Typical straw/blonde pale lager color. About one finger of head that died down quickly and left very little lacing.

S: Mild skunk.

T: The skunk kind of mellows out in the taste. Some grassy hops are made present but are still balanced well with a slight bit of malts. Nothing stands out too much and Its somewhat watery. Perhaps a tad more bitter then most pale lagers but nothing too steep.

M: Crisp and very clean. Pretty nice mouth feel for a lager.

O: A decent and very available offer. It's pretty over hyped in my opinion but it wasn't bad at all just a bit bland. Refreshing to sit on the porch and drink but there are better beers for that in my opinion.

3.3/5  rDev +21.3%

A - I have had this before, although I did not have the chance to pour this in a glass. The beer is a pale yellow, can't comment on head, retention, lacing, etc

S - even out of the can I was able to pick up some light malty notes.

T - better than I remember. Still hard for me to define this euro-tasting lager. I'm not exactly sure what brewing process brings out this flavor.

M - I found this to be very nearly medium-bodied. The beer went down smoothly and did not leave a lasting residue in my mouth.

O - not to say I really enjoyed this one, but it does provide a nice option at events (such as the conference I'm currently attending) when options are typically limited.

2.75/5  rDev +1.1%

3.5/5  rDev +28.7%

2.75/5  rDev +1.1%

2.5/5  rDev -8.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

24oz can bought for $2.50 or something like that at a local liquor store... wanted a cheap buzz, but I wanted something new, at the same time.

Appearance: Currently having it straight out of the can, so I can't speak for it. No doubt it just looks like a pale yellow with a mediocre head and no lacing, like I've seen in pictures... I do like the can itself though. It's bumpy. Fancy. I do have to laugh at the label though. "Brewed with passion for quality." Ha! Good one.

Smell: Corn. Grain. Cheap. What else is new.

Taste: Not bad on the start with some of that corn sweetness, but then it's just... bad. An odd sort of bitterness aftertaste... like an "if-i-were-to-suck-on-a-penny" bitterness. Lingers and lingers. It's gonna be a bitch trying to finish this can, I think.

The aftertaste kills me. That WEIRD bitterness ruins this. It almost tastes like a chemical. Has to be my least favorite adjunct lager -- definitely one you want to pound and be done with, because it certainly doesn't taste good... maybe after a buzz I wouldn't notice the aftertaste, but sober? Yikes. No thanks. Better off having yourself a Budweiser -- it'd be cheaper, and be less offensive... this wouldn't be awful if it didn't taste metallic.

Heineken Lager Beer from Heineken Nederland B.V.
Beer rating: 2.72 out of 5 with 4,974 ratings