Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Heineken Lager Beer | Heineken Nederland B.V.

Heineken Lager BeerHeineken Lager Beer

Added by OldFrothingSlosh on 01-29-2001

Ratings: 4,994 |  Reviews: 1,391

2.75/5  rDev +1.1%

3.27/5  rDev +20.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

A: Clear pale yellow in color, highly effervescent and fizzy quickly vanishing head.

S: Unpolished, yet still a bit more agreeable than most typical macros. Aroma is mostly lemony and grassy notes.

T: Much to it's benefit, it's much more of a Heller approximation than you'd expect, with a - in a relative manner, of course - pleasant sweetish bubblegum center. One could also get some distinct minty backnotes and evergreen like aftertaste.

M: Palate suffers from the usual maladies: Profuse carbonation, dry finish, watery palate and lack of complexity to top it.

O: Still better than i remember most other European Pale Lagers / American Adjunct Lagers to be; It's not as 'adjuncty', so even if it's a thin beer it still carries a bit more flavor.

3.5/5  rDev +28.7%

3.4/5  rDev +25%
look: 3 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

The color is very pale and yellow, as the style name implies. The color is very simple but my pint was poured with a magnificent creamy head and held very nice lacing.

The scent is also quite simple with light breadiness and malts. Cereal type grains are present but very light.

For as harsh as the reviews may be I find a lot of taste in this lager. Strong cereal grain and smooth bread or cracker dryness compliment each other. Easy feel and light complexion make this a decent beer for a mass market.

2.75/5  rDev +1.1%

3.75/5  rDev +37.9%

2.25/5  rDev -17.3%

4.5/5  rDev +65.4%

4.75/5  rDev +74.6%

1.75/5  rDev -35.7%

This was my dad's beer, along with Samuel Adams so I grew up drinking this, he also bought me and my brother a 24 oz each for doing some yard work so the beer is still fresh in my mind, appearance is wonderful, and brings back great memories of siting out watching the beach with my Fiance and my friends, I dont know why but the green bottle just looks so, beautiful on the beach, The appearance has the looks of a fine pilsner, the smell varies, but last time I had it It smelled delicious, with alot of hops, almost tree like, the taste is the best part of it though, it taste like God giving you a kiss, they use alot of hops in making it so if your like me and you love that grassy taste you will love Heineken, just the right amount of bitterness, almost spicy, Mouth-feel is pretty good too, overall this is my Favorite beer, If I was a richer man I would drink this everyday, absolutely love it, and I believe it to be the best beer outside of heaven.

Heineken Lager Beer from Heineken Nederland B.V.
Beer rating: 2.72 out of 5 with 4,994 ratings