Heineken Lager Beer | Heineken Nederland B.V.

Heineken Lager BeerHeineken Lager Beer

Added by OldFrothingSlosh on 01-29-2001

View: Beers
Ratings: 5,052 |  Reviews: 1,410
1.88/5  rDev -30.9%

Maybe it's the London days of college, but Heineken is smooth drinking. Better than the American crap-ola beers. Is it going to win any awards for taste? I doubt it. But it's a good a session beer as any.

3.15/5  rDev +15.8%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3

3.25/5  rDev +19.5%

Smells like a pilsner -- Typical funky noble hop aroma. Lighter body than expected. Tastes somewhat like a pilsner, but more watered down. Nothing special but better than some of the reviews.

2.5/5  rDev -8.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Bottle poured to pint glass very cold beer Appearance: Light yellow head, a lot of lacing Aroma: scent smell of malt, nothing else Taste: not really great, sour aftertaste Mouth feel: carbonated Overall: good beer for the hot weather, specially camping outdoors, nothing special

3.5/5  rDev +28.7%

This beer was always "what cool older guys" drank. So I will always be fond of it. The smell is that of "pricey beer" to me. It's not great I suppose but I still drink it on occasion.

2.68/5  rDev -1.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

2.13/5  rDev -21.7%

The most difficult part of this beer is the skunk aroma and taste. It's impossible to get past the awful taste.

3.02/5  rDev +11%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3

As another reviewer put it, tastes and smells skunky. But unlike that person, I love that.but I'm also from Washington so you know where my proclivities lie.

2.15/5  rDev -21%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.25

I've never been a fan. I've had it enough over the years to get a good taste of it. I have always thought it tasted and smelled skunky. Now, if it was only once or even twice I might chalk it up to just getting some bad beer. But many parties and get togethers over the years with family and friends that like this beer, still has it taste like a skunk to me. I don't buy it, and i don't really like to drink it for free. I'll usually drink almost anything else first.

2.57/5  rDev -5.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

4.14/5  rDev +52.2%

Damn good beer. This is the elixir of the Gods. If you got a little extra coin in your purse, you should head down to your local Bev-Mo and snag one of these brews. They're the best when they come in the tall boys because thats more Heineken down your gullet. Highly recommend. The Dutch know how to make a kickass brewski.

3.09/5  rDev +13.6%

2.98/5  rDev +9.6%

1.41/5  rDev -48.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

2.69/5  rDev -1.1%

I used to like Heineken back in the day. I am not sure what happened since. Either the quality went down or I've acquired a different taste. With that said, I think the look and the smell is good and reminds me of a good Euro Lager. But the taste is pretty awful. I have a hard time drinking it these days and I certainly wouldn't buy it. It tastes like burned bread or corn, perhaps skunked because of storage or transport. But whatever it is, it's awful. I am talking about I'd rather have a Coors Light over Heineken awful. Whatever happened to this beer, I don't know, it just tastes bad, no matter where I buy it.

1.74/5  rDev -36%

Appearance: Poured put of typical green glass bottle. Clear straw yellow.

Aroma: Skunk. That's all. The green bottle does absolutely nothing to prevent skunking.

Taste: Skunky, somewhat bitter, with very slight sweetness.

Mouthfeel: Somewhat creamy. Mostly liquidy.

Overall: Terrible, with an unfathomable appeal. For some people, this European lager is a premium beer. It was one of mine as a college student, in the Middle Ages.

Now it's one of my lawnmower beers. Only enjoyable when very cold.

2.93/5  rDev +7.7%

1.46/5  rDev -46.3%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.75

4.09/5  rDev +50.4%
look: 4 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Much like coffee a cold heine is an acquired taste. Emphasis on cold. This has been my go to session beer and Always agrees with my stomach. Very natural to me with a 120% drinkability after two or three

3.25/5  rDev +19.5%

Very average when compared to craft brews but way better than big name domestic beers. It’s an absolute must that you get this in a can. Their pretty green bottles leave them skunked more often than not. It has a grassy malt flavor with a slight unrecognizable hop character that’s barely perceptible. It has medium light carbonation and is not real heavy. Overall it’s quite boring but it’s way better than your typical domestic bilge. Cans only.
Update: This has become something of a crush for me, I've been getting the huge 25oz cans on my way home from work. I keep reading reviewers claim that this stuff is better in the bottles, it is simply not the case. I don't care how subjective everyone's tastes are when it comes to beer, the stuff in the GREEN bottles is next to undrinkable. I've never had a bottle of this stuff that wasn't to some degree skunked. So stop giving us the crap about the pretty green bottles.

3.03/5  rDev +11.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3

look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3

3.04/5  rDev +11.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3.25

3.78/5  rDev +39%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

2.75/5  rDev +1.1%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Heineken Lager Beer from Heineken Nederland B.V.
Beer rating: 2.72 out of 5 with 5,052 ratings