Heineken Pilsener | Heineken Nederland B.V.

Heineken PilsenerHeineken Pilsener

4.34/5  rDev +48.1%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

3.75/5  rDev +28%

3.75/5  rDev +28%

When in Amsterdam Airport its on tap..... 'nuff said.

UPDATE!

Found Heineken Extra Cold (aka ZERO*) on my last visit.
Excellent on tap!

3.7/5  rDev +26.3%

Okay, I like dry beers. I see other reviewers are downgrading the brand for the same qualities I'd give it high marks for.

Average appearance, even paler yellow than PBR. White dense foam pured 1/4" but quickly disipated with residual carbonation. Very little smell if any, slightly bitter hops. Overall, a dry taste, similar to a lighter beer like PBR, but with more pungent flavor, an emphasis on rye, grassy elements rather than hops, perhaps also rice or wheat or malts. Very clean and crisp and drinkable; very light bodied; no residual aftertaste. Very similar to Sessions beers. More character than other light beers, with little hoppiness. A good mixer if followed by other drinks. Very good with finer foods.

3.68/5  rDev +25.6%

3.59/5  rDev +22.5%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

my rating is based on drinking this beer on tap. it's amazing how much those green bottles will ruin such a solid and classic beer.

3.57/5  rDev +21.8%

Times are tight at the moment, so I decided to pick up an "Old faithful" beer for a change. 1 pint, 8 fluid ounces with a code of "9345528D0913" in case you were wondering...

Poured chilled into my traditional pint glass aggressively. It yielded a large, 4 inch white head with lots of bubbles. Within 30 seconds, the head shrunk by half. The body of the beer is crystal clear and golden with trace bubbles coming from the base up to the top.

The nose is characteristically "skunk". I actually like this smell. With further sniffing, I get corn, light grains and a hit of light hops, like Saaz in the mix. After the head settled, I sniffer again and it smelled corny at times.

Once the beer hit my tongue, high carbonation and a brief spat of bitterness was evident. The primary flavor of this beer is light grains, delicate hops and creaminess. It's a dry and refreshingly crisp beer. Like the nose, the skunk quality trails in the aftertaste.

Being a macro German lager, I like it. I'd take this over any BMC beer any day of the week. Nice and easy drinker.

3.52/5  rDev +20.1%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

3.52/5  rDev +20.1%

Poured from a 30cl bottle in a business lounge in Amsterdam. At first I assumed it the common Heineken beer but found that the label said Pilsener instead of Pale Lager. The appearance was crystal clear gold color and a reasonable level (maybe 3cm) of white foam. The aroma was malty side of neutral, not much of the skunk I get in Heineken in the US. The taste was same as the smell, slightly malty in a way I wouldn't call rich, less hoppy than the pilsners I've preferred. Give it a try if nothing else is available.

3.5/5  rDev +19.5%

Heineken Pilsener from Heineken Nederland B.V.