Wimpy's IPA (Marin Brewing Co./Green Flash Collaboration) | Marin Brewing Company

Awaiting More Ratings

Marin Brewing Company
marinbrewing.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Added by elNopalero on 03-29-2013

4.44/5  rDev 0%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

Wimpy’s IPA is a low ABV (3.3%!!!) ryePA collaboration brew from Green Flash and Marin. There’s enough here that could go badly in a hurry… but for me it doesn’t and that’s why I’m singing this beers praises. First of all, the idea of a session IPA seems a misnomer. Perhaps there’s a more accurate British style for a hoppy, bready, low ABV ale? Or we can just chalk it up to the limitations of styles and say that it’s tasty, regardless of how you classify it.

This pours a clear white golden color with nice foaming. There’s a lemony aroma—it’s bright, with lots of fresh lemon and lemon grass compliments, followed by just a touch of pine. The flavor has a burst of limon followed by a toasted biscuit backbone and a dry finish. Surprisingly tasty! Especially for the abv—another beer which proves that ‘light’ beers don’t have to be watery, flavorless beverages.
My opinion was in the minority among my friends the night I had this but I absolutely loved this beer for what it was. A hoppy, low ABV session ale with a great biscuit malt character and a wonderful body for sipping.

Wimpy's IPA (Marin Brewing Co./Green Flash Collaboration) from Marin Brewing Company