Bio Blanche | Brutopia

Brutopia
Quebec, Canada
brutopia.net

Style: Witbier

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Availability: Summer

Added by BMoldy on 08-13-2011

Liked:
3.33/5
Alströms:

Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

3.33/5  rDev 0%

Had on-tap at Brutopia on 8/10/11. Listed as a saisonnière/seasonal and described to me by the server as a witbier, "crisper than Hoegaarden", made with organic and local ingredients. Hm... From notes:

A: Cloudy goldish/not-quite-white. Sizable white head that fades quickly. Solid lacing.

S: Not much really. Some citrus and wheat notes, with the slightest yeasty spiciness.

T: Light malty sweetness with a cut of wheat. Faint smattering of herbal hops. Mild yeast character. Not much spiciness to speak of.

M: One of the better things about this beer, in my opinion. Medium-light body with a mild carbonation. Not cloying at all.

O: I was excited when I saw this on the menu, but the final product was rather disappointing. It's very drinkable and has a nice enough wheat character, but it really missed out on the other important aspects of the style (mostly the spice, but I was also expecting more a Belgian yeast presence). Might be better to pass on this one and try one of the finer things available at this otherwise great bar.

Bio Blanche from Brutopia