Stiegl Radler Zitrone | Stieglbrauerei zu Salzburg GmbH

Stieglbrauerei zu Salzburg GmbH
Austria
stiegl.co.at

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Also known as Stiegl Gaudi Radler Shandy (Lemon)

Added by moulefrite on 07-30-2003

View: Beers
3.57/5  rDev +5.6%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Stiegl Radler

Poured from 16.9 oz bottle into Weiss flute. Served cold...

A) Pale yellow brew, with nearly a finger of soapy head that quickly dissolved to nothing. No lacing... Looked like a macro...

S) Pale malt and lemon. The lemon is balanced with a sweetness that is like a marmalade. There's like a kiss of honey.

T) Follows the nose... There is a fleeting citrus zest, followed by a nice table sugar sweetness.

M) Light and quite smooth. This is quite refreshing and easy drinking. The mouthfeel falls off a bit with some warmth. I'm not sure how I let that even happen.

O) Had the grapefruit on tap, so I figured this would be pretty good. If radlers are in your wheelhouse, this is worth a try.

3.33/5  rDev -1.5%

16.9 fl oz. bottle, with no apparent bottled on or freshness date present. Found this at the local beer store, and since I enjoyed the Stiegl Radler Grapefruit, and also the Radler Warka, I figured this would be a good way to go. My bottle is a little different than the one pictured and is labeled simply as Salzburger Stiegl Radler Lemon.

Poured into a Blue Sky Wineyard miniature wine glass.

A - Pours two fingers of quickly dying fizzing bone white foam for a head. Body is a pale clear straw yellow color.

S - Smell is pretty bland: some lemonade, white sugar, honey, and some slight honeyed malt and yeast "beer" smell in the end.

T - Taste follows the nose, only is more exciting. Crisp carbonation, strong honey presence, lemon-lime soda, and light sugary lemonade. Aftertaste reminds me of a lemonhead candy, and rings of some artificiality, which is a slight let down. No actual "beer" taste present, aside from the honeyed malt.

M - Feel is crisp & clean, with some lingering tartness and some honey sweetness.

Overall, highly drinkable, but not as good as the other two I mentioned above. Out of the three radlers I've had so far, this one has been the least impressive. Not as tart and sour as I would have liked, and too much honeyed sweetness. I look forward to drinking the base beer, Stiegl Goldbräu, which I have a bottle of. Still, this is exceptionally light and drinkable on a hot summer day; I will have no trouble finishing this bottle.

Stiegl Radler Lemon ---3.5/5

2.5/5  rDev -26%

3.29/5  rDev -2.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

Having had the grapefruit version, I decided to grab this when I saw it at the store.

A: Pours a clear golden color with a small white head on top, which reduces to a thin ring on top.

S: Mostly lemon and some sprite on the aroma.

T: Pretty similar to how it smells. Growing on me as at warms up a little bit.

M: Light to medium bodied, pretty easy drinking.

O: Its not bad, but I much prefer the grapefruit version. Probably won't grab this one again.

2.23/5  rDev -34%

500mL bottle, shared with my wife, but I ended up drinking most of it. Pours golden in color, nice clarity, and is topped with a fizzy white head that dissipates quickly. Aroma is lager beer and lemon, some yeast. Tastes are very odd, biscuity, yeasty, lemon soda. Tastes more like someone dumped some Sprite into my beer. Mouth-feel is thin bodied with plenty of carbonation. Overall, not a fan. I won't buy this one again, however, the grapefruit radler is pretty decent.

2.5/5  rDev -26%