Wee Widdle Wabbit

From:
The Alchemist Pub & Brewery

Vermont, United States
Avail:
Retired (no longer brewed)
Wants
Gots
SCORE
n/a
Notes:
Reviews: 7 | Ratings: 8 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
DNICE555 from Connecticut

4.33/5  rDev +5.6%

Coffee Cup full in the Heady Topper Release Line - "This Isn't coffee"

Dark Reddish brown color with a cream white head. Almost looks like a cup of coffee. Smells like some thick rich stuff. Nice roasted malt and caramel notes. Caramel and a hint of scotch with a pretty rich feel to it. Loving the mouthfeel. I've never had it fresh and I was told this is a year old. It feels like time has done it well as I only detect a faint amount of alcohol. This is some pretty good stuff! My first scotch ale.

Dec 08, 2010
rowingbrewer from Massachusetts

4.28/5  rDev +4.4%

This was my final drink of the night before the heady release.

This beer pours a dark reddish brown with a creamy off white head. The smells i got were rich caramel notes, a faint alcohol smell, and hints of fruit. the taste was a sweet carmelized malt flavor and only a slight alcohol flavor, all in all a very well balanced flavor. mouthfeel was a little heavy from the richness of the flavor. I could really get myself in trouble by drinking multiple pours if i wanted to.

it was my first scotch ale, but was far better than the other 2 I had a chance to try the next day.

Dec 06, 2010
Thorpe429 from Illinois

3.75/5  rDev -8.5%

On tap at the brewpub on November 4, 2010.

Pours a dark reddish brown color with a tan head and a few lace rings as it goes down. The nose is really heavy on the malt with a bit of sweetness and a bit of booze. Some dark fruits with figs and dates plus a bit of a red-grape presence.

The taste is a bit too boozy, and this permeates the feel is well. The malts are quite strong and its a bit too sweet. Nice dark fruits in the taste as well. Pretty heavy, sweet body with some alcohol. A pretty good sipper that I wouldn't mind trying again.

Nov 14, 2010
skivtjerry from Vermont

4.82/5  rDev +17.6%

Almost opaque red-brown; pours with a thin head that doesn't last. Strong aroma of sweet malt with grape and fig tones, alcohol in the background. A wonderful tasting malt bomb with grapey malt, smooth alcohol and just enough dry roastiness to keep the malt from becoming cloying. Heavy bodied, thick and chewy, as it should be. One of the 2 or 3 best examples I've experienced. Very dangerously drinkable.

Oct 24, 2010
youbrewidrink from Vermont

4.03/5  rDev -1.7%

Nice medium brown color with a lasting head.

The aroma was of malt and dates.

I found the taste outstanding. I did not get any indication of the abv from the taste. I thought the alcohol was well masked by the sweetness of the malts.

It was very drinkable (but the little voice in my head said slow down stupid this one is over 10%).

Overall a great tribute to Greg Noonan, he would be pleased with this one.

Oct 12, 2010
joeland from Vermont

3.06/5  rDev -25.4%

Appearance: pours a drak brown with a one finger high head.

Smell: smells like a roasted malt and a kind of fruit smell

Taste: same as smell but with a strong booz taste in there.

Mouthfeel: a heavy body and a medium carbnation

Drinkability: it went down alright good thing i only had 8oz of this cause thats all i needed.

Oct 12, 2010
koopa from New Jersey

4.5/5  rDev +9.8%

This one is scheduled to be released on 10.10.10 but I was lucky enough to receive a sneak preview glass this weekend. I was told it was brewed as a tribute to the late/great Greg Noonan and that it was "his style" of wee heavy. I found it to be quite different from the other Wee Heavy's I've had and it was really enjoyable.

Appearance: Pours dark brown with a nice 1 finger crown that displays good retention and lace.

Smell: Lots of succulent malt and a good smoke presence but not really peaty.

Taste: Same as nose. Absolutely delicious!

Mouthfeel: Almost perfect carbonation and a body that is on the heavy side of medium bodied.

Drinkability: I think it was 10.3% but it went down easy.

Oct 04, 2010