Longboard Pale Ale | Five Islands Brewing Company

3.6/5

Five Islands Brewing Company
Australia
fiveislandsbrewery.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by dgilks on 01-18-2010

Reviews by bondjedi:
4.03/5  rDev +11.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

From the bottle at halftime of Super Bowl XLVIII.

I was driving on this Super Sunday, and had to limit myself to one pop before the game and one at the half. Nice selection of brews to choose from. This pale ale poured nicely into a pint glass, nice orange glow and a lively head. Well laced while draining. I sensed a purity in the water, a purity lacking in many other craft brews which at times taste rather murky. Finished well, I was sad that I couldn't enjoy a second.

2.53/5  rDev -29.7%

Pours straw with a massive head.
Nose shows sweet malt with slightly grainy notes and some grassy, spicy hops.
Very delicate flavours, a little spicy hops but other not much going on. some sweet plain malt.
Overcarbonated.

3.25/5  rDev -9.7%

3.21/5  rDev -10.8%

A chill-hazed gold colour with a small creamy white head. Retention could be better but the lacing is good.

The aroma is a touch grainy with light, citric hops. I get a hint of acetaldehyde.

A flavour is fairly light with some citrus hops coming through. A solid, medium bitterness is nice. It is a touch grainy for my tastes.

Medium body with moderate carbonation. I get a slight astringency as well.

Drinkability is fine but it wouldn;t be my go to beer if I was at the pub.

Longboard Pale Ale from Five Islands Brewing Company