Edge City English Mild | Bristol Brewing Company

Bristol Brewing Company
Colorado, United States
bristolbrewing.com

Style: English Pale Mild Ale

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Availability: Summer

Added by russpowell on 07-18-2006

Reviews by russpowell:
4.03/5  rDev +6.9%

Pours amber/light red with a 2 fingers+ sand colored head. Some lacing & head retention

S: Caramel & malt notes with slight fruittyness

T: Slight fruittyness up front grainyness as it warms. Finishes fruitty with a slight smokeyness

MF: Spritzy with good carbonation

Drinks really easy, really wish I could find more of this style in the summer. I reccomend this to people that can find this fresh

4.13/5  rDev +9.5%

Dark brown color. Thin, lacy off-white head. Little to no aroma.

Taste: nutty, malty, slight apple or raisin with some bitterness towards the end.

Flavor: Small hop flavor (in line with style). Stronger mild than most. Smooth flavor - very malty. Very subtle beer. Some fruity esters. Low DMS.

ABV: 5.5

3.88/5  rDev +2.9%

On tap at the brewery; I don't believe they put this one in bombers (though they should), so you'll have to travel to Colorado Springs to find it.

Dark amber in color with a frothy, long-lasting head and mild aromas of caramel and tofee. The malt flavors are like a typical brown ale--caramel, toffee, biscuits--but muted....just what I would expect in this style. It is medium bodied and straightforward; what it lacks in complexity, it makes up for by being a great session beer. Though I only had one pint at the brewery, (in hindsight) I should have had two or three more. The beauty of this beer is in its restraint.

This is a great example of the mild style and one of the better beers I've had from Bristol in a long time, and it inspires me to want to brew something of my own like this.

3.13/5  rDev -17%

I think this was around 6% and $3 for a pint. Light brown color with a tan head. The nose has mild English malts as well as hops. The flavor profile is similar. Malts up front with floral hops hanging in the back. A light crisp body is refreshing. A good example of a mild ale.

Edge City English Mild from Bristol Brewing Company