Social Unit | Connecticut Valley Brewing

Connecticut, United States
ctvalleybrewing.com

Style: New England IPA

Hops: Mosaic, Azacca, Huell Melon, Mandarina Bavaria

Tasting Notes: ‚ÄčThe final installment in our Mosaic Series, Social Unit showcases what Mosaic hops can do as a supporting player to this all-star cast of hops. Azacca, Huell Melon, and Mandarina Bavaria join forces with Mosaic in this 6.2% NEIPA. An intense fruity aroma leads you into a hop-forward pop of melon with notes of tangerine and stone fruit.

Did You Know: The whale showcased on the can label is our state animal, the sperm whale. To learn more about how you can help save the sound, check out ctenvironment.org. You can also adopt a whale and help support the critical research Ocean Alliance is doing to conserve whales and their ocean habitat.

View: Beers
Reviews by Mleblanc25:
4.25/5  rDev +3.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.02/5  rDev -1.7%

Canned 10-15-18
L: Pours hazy straw colored. Light head, light lacing.
S: Definitely new aroma's for me. Mild pine, citrus, fruit, and a good bit of melon. Something is sitting down deep, almost a wine-like aroma. I also pulled some berry components out. Different!
T: Very sweet at first.. then moving to pine, earthy tropical..citrus and something odd (not bad, just new to me).
F: Subtle carbonation gives way to a smack of bitterness, that is short lived. Rather thin MF.
O: At 1st glance, I wasn't sure how they call this a NEIPA.. it's not as smooth, rather thin.. and a bit more bitter than I'm accustomed to. I have no idea where boundaries lie anymore. I've had quite a few of CVBC beers before, and this one breaks new ground for me. New hop combo as well. I do like it, but had no clue what to think for 1/3 of it.

Social Unit from Connecticut Valley Brewing