Arizona | Phoenix Brewery Co Ltd

Style: English Bitter

Added by BeerAdvocate on 12-30-2003

Reviews by wl0307:
3.71/5  rDev +3.9%

Tried this beer by half-pint at my EastEnd local when it was one of the occasional guest ales. The beer's strength is 4.1%abv in cask-conditioned version.

Appearance: the colour is very pale-golden-yellowish, with minimum carbonation, with a dense, foamy, but not lasting beerhead. The serving temp. is just right.
Smeel: at the first sniff, there wasn't very noticeable scent of anything... later on, I smelled very mild elderflower scent plus faint/understated pear-like nose.
Taste: oily hoppy, mild lemon-zesty to mild-honeyish on palate...very lively~~
Aftertaste: extremely pleasantly dry, crisp hoppyness mixed with mild bitterness lingering; with long-lasting floral scent in my "throat" as well. I guess this is perhaps what the brewer had in mind when naming this beer "Arizona--dry as a desert".
Overall: it's definitely a very good example of "social drink" for people like me--I can drink two, three pints chatting with friends without feeling bored by either, that is.

3.75/5  rDev +5%

3.5/5  rDev -2%

Hand pulled pint in the local (Cock Hotel, Wellington, Shropshire) on 6th April 2012. This is a regular guest around Shropshire and I was surprised I hadn't reviewed it before.

Light golden body (almost lager-like) with a thinning white head.

Aroma a mini-mix of mild malty molasses and citrusy hops: they come and go in the breeze interchanging as they go.

The taste is also a mix of the same flavours in the smell: the beer becoming a little more bitter towards the end of each sip.

Looks weaker than it is: good depth of flavours with an alcohol content that suits it.

3.38/5  rDev -5.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

A pale gold pint was presented to me with a healthy with glorious floral note.

very refreshing if a tad dull .

Biting a little but not enough to get into hop headed IPA land.
A pint I guess all the family could enjoy on a hot day.

Quality drink for sure just not enough oomph.

Arizona from Phoenix Brewery Co Ltd