Maple Ale | The Vermont Pub & Brewery

Added by scottum on 03-24-2003

Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 2
Reviews by beals:
4.57/5  rDev n/a

I was up in Burlington hanging out and stopped by the brewery for lunch. I figured I'd try out the Maple Ale, since I was in VT and it was still sugaring season and all. I'll admit, I was a little nervous that the taste would be over powering, but I was pleasantly surprised with this beer!

It's smooth and definitely drinkable, and they don't overdo it with the maple syrup (apparently they brew with ~40 gallons of syrup). This beer borders on being a novelty - I am not sure I could drink it daily, year-round, but it sure hits the spot in the springtime. The smell is amazing - just the right balance of maple and light hops.

I think this beer would complement a dinner-waffle perfectly.

4.29/5  rDev n/a

Wow! Maple! I love maple! Brewed with pure Vermont grade B maple. (grade B is my personal favorite grade) The maple flavors come through very well. This beer is sweet as would be expected, however, it is not overly sweet. A great after dinner brew. Very smooth!

Maple Ale from The Vermont Pub & Brewery