Perdition | Russian River Brewing Company

3.96/5
Alströms:

2.75/5  rDev -30.6%

2.86/5  rDev -27.8%

Well I guess I just don't have the make up to like Belgian style beer. I really am trying, I want to join the club, get with the program. Russian River is Belgian heaven, out of Belgium. So you Belgian lovers, the worse I make it sound, the more you will love em. This beer poured an attractive copper, tan head lasted and left nice lacing. Nose was the typical of the style, yeasty and fruity. A hodgepodge of flavors assaulted you on this one. Spice, cinnamon, pear, and a hint of banana. It also had a lightly toasted hint to it. Probably a great beer to somebody other than me.

2.91/5  rDev -26.5%

Served in sample glass at the brewery. From notes. Reviewed 14 April 2012.

A: Hazy gold with some bubbles. Great lacing.

S: Cloves and not a lot else. Several of these Russian River beers remind me of hefeweizens.

T: I'm not crazy about this "Bière de Sonoma." It's sort of sour-fruity-amber-malty. Beery and vaguely unpleasant on the aftertaste.

M: Lightly carbonated, sorta plain, very meh.

O: I don't like it, but it's not BAD. Not recommended, wouldn't have again.

This might be true to style but as I've never had this type of beer before, I can only say, I'm not a huge fan.

3.05/5  rDev -23%

batch 003 graciously shared at mi casa by sparky27...

pours a rich coppery brown with a medium sized off white head. this is actually a beautiful looking beer...

intoxicatingly sweet, rich and robust smell... lots of bready yeast, brown sugar, grapes/raisins, overripe d'anjou pears, flowers and some earthy spices.

ouch!... this actually hurts me it's so sweet! the aroma carries over to the flavor with the addition of a punch in the teeth dose of sugar. it does have a spicy yeasty finish but, at that point it's too late. the medium body is syrupy and thick with sugar.

it's just not doing it for me.
8/4/5/2/12/3.1

3.18/5  rDev -19.7%
look: 3 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

3.2/5  rDev -19.2%

3.22/5  rDev -18.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

Dark orange and light brown appearance, I guess that is called amber, but this was darker, like say, maybe auburn. 1/4" off white head. Aroma was specialty, thick, dark bread. Reminded me of those bad fruitcakes that your family would bring to the holidays and shit.

Carbonation was lower than I hoped, so much spice rack overload. Maybe it was the yeast contribution just being so damn loaded, overly complex. Biere de garde is just not my thing, make sure you put that into your understanding here. I can only rate to style so hard when I hate the beer itself. I don't hate this, but you get my gist.

3.25/5  rDev -17.9%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

3.25/5  rDev -17.9%