Pliny The Younger | Russian River Brewing Company

Ratings: 3,166 |  Reviews: 964

4.25/5  rDev -9.6%

3.75/5  rDev -20.2%

4.74/5  rDev +0.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Had it out of a growler at Bierstube in Philly.

Perfect Beer.

Had 2 10 oz pours. Wow it was great.

A- beautiful amber color, hazed slightly, with minimal head.

S- Tons of hops, sweet smelling citrus, loved the aroma on this beer.

T- Very smooth, not bitter, and hints of citrus, and very hoppy. About as perfect as you can get for taste in a beer for me.

M- smooth bodied, full bodied.

O - Wow, all the hype about this beer is true. The best beer I've ever drank. I was stunned at how such a strong beer can be so smooth and tasty and loaded with hops.

4.75/5  rDev +1.1%

I was in Santa Rosa a week after Pliny the Younger was tapped. I knew I wasn't going to get PTY at Russian River or anywhere else for that matter, or so I thought. After spending the day in San Francisco we made a stop at Beer Revolution in Oakland. As we ordered our beers we were told that PTY was on tap. I couldn't believe I was actually drinking this beer. WOW! Knowing the chance of never having it again I savored every drop. The aroma and taste of the hops were unbelievable. One of my top three beers.

4.46/5  rDev -5.1%

on tap after a 5 hour wait. Pour is a clear golden orange with a tight white head. The nose is light for the size, heaviest on citrus with notes of pine and hop resign.
The taste is much bigger, very balanced and nice. Not as sweet as I thought it would be, heavy pine and citrus, smooth creamy feel on a big body. Fairly dry with a rather assertive bitterness that lingers for quite some time. The citrus Is prominent with a strong gust of perfume coming in towards the back of the palate. Notes of grapefruit as well

4.5/5  rDev -4.3%

Aroma is simply amazing. Totally my type of hops. Lots of grapefruit, citrus, orange and tropical fruits. What an amazing aroma. Flavor is awesome. A wonderful beer experience. Grapefruit, citrus, mango and a hint of pine hops. Smooth and sweet. As much hops that are here it is not overpowering. Very well balanced. Delicious.

4.25/5  rDev -9.6%