Pliny The Younger | Russian River Brewing Company

Added by xlperro on 01-27-2005

Ratings: 3,080 |  Reviews: 946

4.83/5  rDev +3.4%
look: 5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Had in a bottle at my house.. Hardee har har.. I stood in line for 6 hours on Monday Feb 17th.. Had to save my notes for this to be the 100th beer.

A: perfect hazy orange color that only left a little bit of head by the time my glasses got to me

S: smells of citrus and a small amount of pine.. I would argue that this is the exact smell that any "IPA" should shoot for

T: same as the smell.. Citrus and a little pine.. Very smooth and well balanced

M: I would say medium.. Ideal mouthfeel for IPA

O: obviously 1 of the highest rated IPA's and after getting to try it very well deserved.. Was lucky enough to have a non-drinking buddy that lives in CA take me and get 6 instead of the mandated 3.. Also lucky that he was cool enough to run to another bar and grab us burgers while we were in line or I would have been in trouble.. Big shout out to the coolest guy I know.. Thanks again Z!! Probably won't do it again cuz the wait was unrealistic but if you haven't had it it is worth doing once.. Very well done Russian River

4.5/5  rDev -3.6%