Pliny The Elder | Russian River Brewing Company

Ratings: 14,492 |  Reviews: 3,698
4.25/5  rDev -7.6%

4.25/5  rDev -7.6%

4.36/5  rDev -5.2%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Don't get me wrong, it's a superb beer...I just don't think it's worth the hype it receives, which I believe is due in large part to it's limited releases. I personally think Stone Enjoy By is an all around better crafted double.

I really hate having to type 250 words. The beer is good, but not the best...that is all.

4.54/5  rDev -1.3%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

4.55/5  rDev -1.1%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Draught @ Monk’s: My first impression was "what is all the fuss about?" So I asked our waitress if I had gotten the correct beer. She brought me another. As soon as I saw it we realized the first one was the wrong beer. They have Damnation on tap as well and mistakenly given me one of those. The Elder pours a darker golden color with about a finger of off white foam. It didn’t linger long but did leave a little lacing. The nose was huge! Lots of grapefruit and pine notes. Hard to smell the malts, but can faintly pick some up. The taste is excellent! Hops are not overpowering. Big malt body. Extremely well balanced. An extremely good beer.

Pliny The Elder from Russian River Brewing Company