Pliny The Elder | Russian River Brewing Company

Ratings: 14,562 |  Reviews: 3,706

3.25/5  rDev -30.1%

4.23/5  rDev -9%

Bottled on 010413

Appearance - Pours a clear straw color with a red hue to it. One finger head quickly dissipates to a minor lacing on top which sticks around. Bubble slowly creep up from the bottom of the glass. Has a very clean look to it, which scores big points with me.

Smell - As soon as I opened the bottle, I went in for the smell. Smelled delicious. Sweet smell with pine and citrus hops upfront. My mouth began to water as I poured into my snifter.

Taste - The taste is not as citrusy as I expected. More of the pine comes to the forefront. Leaves a hop lacing in your throat, as any good dipa will do.

Mouthfeel - Very light at first. Moderate Carbonation which feels like just the right amount for this style.

Overall - Overall this is a very solid dipa. I hate to be the minority when I say that I was a little disappointed. I do not feel that this beer lives upto the hype. Maybe that is because I have pretty regular access to Heady. My personal preference is for a dipa with more of a citrus taste.

Pliny The Elder from Russian River Brewing Company