Red Brick Blonde

From:
Atlanta Brewing Company

Georgia, United States
Avail:
Retired (no longer brewed)
Wants
Notes:
Reviews: 75 | Ratings: 150
Reviews by LuthersLager:
3.42/5  rDev 0%

While waiting to for a flight from Atlanta to Florida I wandered into a tavern carrying microbrews from the Atlanta Brewing Company. I opted for an American style Blonde Ale named the Red Brick Blonde. I believe that "Red Brick" is the name of the tavern owned by the Atlanta Brewing Company.

The Red Brick Blonde is an American Blonde done well. With so many macrobreweries (Molson, AB, etc.) destroying this genre of beer I appreciated Atlanta Brewing Company's attention to the beer. The color was golden as one might expect. However it has deeper and less translucent than many macrobrewery attempts, which I correctly assumed would lead to more flavor. The clarity of the beer was superb showing off each bubble of carbonation. The Red Brick Blonde had a mild scent of the grains used to brew this beer which raised my hopes for the taste of this beer. Sure enough this beer has a delightful flavor.

Red Brick Blonde is served cold and finshes crisp. The beer tingled my tounge and throat as it journeyed to my belly. The kind of tingle that make you reach for a second swig. The beer had a low level of hops bitterness and acidity. For those who brew their own beer it was similar to beers that use a hops with an alpha acid of around 4-5%.

I do recommend drinking the beer without food. I ordered a sandwich with my beer and found the beverage much more enjoyable without the food. The downsides of this beer include its head, which I though was on the weak side. This may be more of a confusion than a complaint but the beer was served ice cold which hid some of great flavor not realized until it warmed up a bit.

I did not find that my pallet desired to drink a second one right away. However I would definitely drink this beer again... just not in the same day.

4.25/5  rDev +24.3%

2.25/5  rDev -34.2%

2.5/5  rDev -26.9%

2.25/5  rDev -34.2%

3.05/5  rDev -10.8%

A: Pours a hard golden yellow with a head that quickly disappears
S: It smells a bit of lemons and barley grass
T: The taste slightly differs from on tap to the bottle, but in either case it tastes slightly of lemons with a subtle almost grassy taste
M: Medium level of carbonation, smooth but not the smoothest beer I have encountered.
O: I have mixed feelings on this beer overall. I would definitely consider it a good beer, however I would say I definitely prefer it on tap as opposed to bottled, still its worthy of a try and is one of the better beers produced by Red Brick.

2.75/5  rDev -19.6%