Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Red Brick Brick Mason Series #4: Smoked Vanilla Gorilla | Red Brick Brewing Company

Red Brick Brick Mason Series #4: Smoked Vanilla GorillaRed Brick Brick Mason Series #4: Smoked Vanilla Gorilla
3.51/5
Good

Red Brick Brewing Company
Georgia, United States
atlantabrewing.com

Style: American Porter

Added by AdamBear on 09-21-2011

3.65/5  rDev +4%

A-Black with a small tan head that leaves a slight lace
S-roast with a chocolate nutty aroma coming through with a smoke smell in there
T-The smoke really comes in hard here. Hard smoke taste that has a hop kick then the smoke takes back over
M-kinda full body and low carbonation
O-as the glass goes down the smoke faded, and it had a better taste

3.5/5  rDev -0.3%

1.5/5  rDev -57.3%

3.25/5  rDev -7.4%

4.6/5  rDev +31.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

Ahh this will be my first time opening a bottle of Red Brick Mason Series brew, and let me say I am excited to try this smoked beer out! I love my smoked brews and I've got to say that Red Brick Vanilla Gorilla did not disappoint. Upon pouring this treat into my glass my first observation is that the beer has a rich and dark coffee like appearance with a thin tan frothy head. The aroma gave a hint of smoked hickory, malt, and a mild fruity smell. The first sip is very smooth, the brew delights the tongue with a slight fizzle sensation without being overwhelming like cheaper beers (natty), absolutely sensational mouthfeel. The taste is wonderfully balanced, the smokiness is there but done just perfectly I where it doesn't overpower the rest of the flavors, the taste of what I'm assuming to be smoked hickory, vanilla (obviously), malty, with a slight citrusy/fruity tang to top it off. I'm still training my taste buds and senses to be able to pick up on everything but if you're a newbie like me trust me you won't regret picking up this brew. Fantastic I highly recommend. Beer on my friends

3.25/5  rDev -7.4%

2.25/5  rDev -35.9%

Red Brick Brick Mason Series #4: Smoked Vanilla Gorilla from Red Brick Brewing Company