Red Rock | Oriental Brewery Co., Ltd

3.11/5
Alströms:

Reviews by mwrseeley:
3.5/5  rDev 0%

My first review of Red Rock was based on a sample that came from a bottle. I didn't exactly like it. Now, usually I drink Red Rock 'sangmaekju', or draught beer. The difference is like night and day. This beer, when served from a tap, is my favourite Korean beer and I recommend it to any expatriates on the peninsula.

2.72/5  rDev 0%

For my money, this is the best beer produced in the Republic of Korea. Although that 's not the highest compliment I could give a beer, Red Rock (particularly on tap but the bottle too) is worth watching out for when serving overseas or otherwise in residence in the Hermit Kingdom.
It has an original, attractive, copper color and keeps a reasonable head.
The smell is underwhelming, with no defining positive characteristics and seems to be carrying a lot of carbonation upon close review.
The taste is also understated but has enough body and texture to avoid being as bad as most OB and Hite products and also features a nicely bitter aftertaste.
Red Rock also feels ok on its trip to yor gullet, with little of the grittiness found in other Korean beers.
This is by no means a wonderful beer but its Korea's finest, usually pretty cheap, and ubiquitous in Seoul's downtown districts, which is worth something.

Red Rock from Oriental Brewery Co., Ltd