Lost Lake | Camo Brewing Company

Lost LakeLost Lake

Camo Brewing Company
Nevada, United States

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by BeerAdvocate on 07-27-2003

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last
1.53/5  rDev -23.1%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

The night was young, I was catching a good performance by a band called Sleepytime Gorilla Museum at the Conservatory. I had already finished about 5 Hineys and was working on a good buzz, when alas, my wallet laid bare. I scrounged around in my pocket for some spare change and lo, I found 75 cents. Thinking that I could only purchase a soda pop with my meager funds, I discovered this thing known as urine in a can, or as some may call it, Lost Lake. It is an okay beer if you are wasted, and don't remember how it tastes.

1.83/5  rDev -8%

Awful... I had this beer when I was in college, and lets be honest... I had quite a few crappy beers while I was in college, but this takes the cake. No taste, very watery, no hops, no redeeming factor... I actually drank two of these one night and woke up with a hangover... will someone please explain to me how this happens... quite possibly one of the worst beers I have ever tasted.

For the price I would rather drink selzter water... I might as well, because this beer if very reminicent of that liquid...

1.7/5  rDev -14.6%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

10 bucks for a case...why not?

A - Very pale orange color, some bubbles float up to the top. Head was white, faded quickly to a sparse film. No lace to speak of.

S - Sweet grain, corn smell mostly with a little earthiness. Smell is pretty faint overall.

T - Very faint taste, some sugary sweetness, some corn, other bland tastes. The faint sweetness is what sets this just above Budweiser.

M - Carbonation is high as you would guess it to be, so there is a nice bite.

D - It's not good, it's not bad...well it is bad compared to almost every other beer. Whatever.

2.19/5  rDev +10.1%

NOTE: This is a review of the 3-point version of this beer that is sold in Oklahoma convenience and grocery stores. (The full-strength version of this beer is also sold in liquor stores, in regular and ice versions)

This beer is a good deal for the price ($1.99/six pack) and compared to most American macros it is not so bad. Compared of course to quality beer, well it is crappy and is only tolerable when drunk very, very cold.

As for the beer itself, it is light golden color and crystal clear with almost no head and very little aroma.

There are very little hops but the malt is surprisingly crisp and not overpoweringly sweet. Mostly it tastes faintly of grain.

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50  | next → last