Paulaner Bräuhaus Jubiläumsbock | Paulaner Bräuhaus

3.8

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 1
3.8/5  rDev n/a

First had: on cask at Brauhaus Schmitz, Philly, PA

I had this at a special event, not realizing it was so rare. I was pretty sure it was a märzen, but I guess not, from what I can find. It was labeled simply as "Paulaner Jubiläum," and this seems to be the closest thing I could find to that. I can't seem to find much other info on it other than it's made at the Paulaner brewpub, so it seems it's pretty rare to get over here in the states, but somehow the Brauhaus Schmitz got a cask.

Poured a hazy orange-brown, with a nice finger of white head and moderate carbonation. Sweet toasted malt aroma, with scents of citrus and spice. Toasted bread and nuts in the taste, with a nice fruit balance of orange, peach and touch of red apple skin. If I didn't look it up to see it was a bock, I'd have thought it was a märzen at first sip. Light spices come through near the end, and it finishes with a mildly hoppy sensation. Medium mouthfeel, and easily drinkable.

Paulaner Bräuhaus Jubiläumsbock from Paulaner Bräuhaus