Peg Leg (Cask W/ Montmorency Tart Cherries & Dry Hopped) | Heavy Seas Beer

Added by russwbeck on 10-02-2011

Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

3.77/5  rDev 0%

On cask at Churchkey, Montmorency Tart Cherries in the cask and dry hopped with Simcoe and Columbus hops.

A: Motor oil black pour with hints of red and remnants of a brown head. No lacing or retention.

S: Smells very hoppy. The cherries are only noticeable in the sweetness of the smell. The bigger smells I'd expect from an imperial stout are basically missing.

T: The roastiness from the stout remains, but it is really taken over by the dry hopping. The cherries lend a nice sweetness, but overall the flavor is unbalanced.

MF: Heavy, but not as much as I was expecting. Lightly carbonated and easy drinking.

O: I was expecting a bit more from this, but I liked it overall. I wanted a hoppy stout, with hints of cherries. But what I got was a sweet, hoppy beer that was once a stout. Tasty, but off the mark.

Peg Leg (Cask W/ Montmorency Tart Cherries & Dry Hopped) from Heavy Seas Beer