Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Cream Stout | High Street Brewery & Cafe (McMenamins)

3.25/5
Okay

High Street Brewery & Cafe (McMenamins)
Oregon, United States
mcmenamins.com

Style: English Stout

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by kdoc8 on 03-15-2007

Reviews by kdoc8:
2.68/5  rDev 0%

I had this at the McMeniman's brew pub on High St., Eugene, OR. It's served rather colder than I'd expect. It's got about a 1cm thick head, which is cream-colored but the texture is more bubbly than anything. The head doesn't last too long. Again, this stout, like their Terminator and their Porter has a different kind of smell to it - not really roasted malt, but a very bitter and almost metallic smell. The taste is similar - not really full bodied and dominated by the bitterness.

3.83/5  rDev 0%

This beer was on tap for awhile near my residence. I would say it was one of the better beers Mcmenamins brewed in 2010, but definitely not a beer I would go out of my way to find.

A: It is what a stout is, dark with a tan head.

Smell: I love cream stouts, the smell did not convince me.

T: It was a good beer, I did order 4 in a row.

Mouthfeel: More bitter than expected, but still worth a slosh.

D: It was fine, nothing spectacular, but I definitely would drink these beer over a light beer any day.

Cream Stout from High Street Brewery & Cafe (McMenamins)