Firefly Ale | Yazoo Brewing Company

Yazoo Brewing Company
Tennessee, United States
yazoobrew.com

Style: American Amber / Red Ale

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by ckeegan04 on 03-29-2009

Liked:
3.97/5
Alströms:

Reviews by Misfit138:
3.88/5  rDev -2.3%

Poured out of my growler which generated a massive head.

A- Very dark amber with a frothy cream colored head.

S- I detect sweet caramel malts and brown sugar, followed by mild bitterness.

T- Nice sweet malts with what does remind me of plum also.

M- Medium body with mild carbonation. Pretty smooth beer overall.

Easily one of the better amber/red ales I have had. I am glad I picked this up while I had a chance.

4.01/5  rDev +1%

A - Deep, amber brown color. Average light brown head with excellent retention. Very inviting beer.

S - Nice combo of dried fruits (cherry and plum?) and some burnt sugar. A light spiciness underneath.

T - Rather sweet up front with some dark fruits mixed in the taste. The hops make themselves present mid-drink, but they do not carry the show at all. The strong maltiness is certainly the big guy here.

M/D - Light to medium bodied. Excellent carbonation making for a very crisp drink. Easy drinking and an excellent addition to the Brewmasters Reserve series.

Firefly Ale from Yazoo Brewing Company