Big Red One | Gettysbrew Restaurant & Brewery

Gettysbrew Restaurant & Brewery
Pennsylvania, United States
gettysbrew.com

Style: American Amber / Red Ale

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by BeerAdvocate on 04-04-2003

Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 2
2.13/5  rDev n/a

The brewpub itself impressed me much more than this beer did. The description made it sound like a well hopped pale ale, but I didn't catch a wiff of any hops. Its low carbonation made it seem like a hand pumped English ale but also watery with no bite whatsoever. I sort of wished they would have brought me a tea bag filled with hops to soak in it for awhile.

1.45/5  rDev n/a

Tried their 4 glass sampler, this one was the worst. It tasted like it had a bacteria infection and needed to be poured out. (I know, I had a homebrew that had the same problem, so I know what it tastes like) I didn't even finish the half-pint glass of it.

Big Red One from Gettysbrew Restaurant & Brewery