La Tazza Rossa Stout | BJ's Restaurant & Brewery

BJ's Restaurant & Brewery
Oregon, United States
bjsrestaurants.com

Style: American Stout

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by freed on 10-17-2005

Reviews by freed:
4.32/5  rDev 0%

This beer is a collaboration between the folks at Concordia Ale House, La Tazza Rossa coffee roaster across the street, and BJ's brewery.

Pours with no head. Deep black body has slightly oily coffee look and shiny reflection. Carbonation action in the body, but its quite mild.

The aroma is stunningly fresh and coffee-like. Everything about the smell makes you think you're about to take a sip of really good coffee - no harsh smells, no hull or aging, and no noticeable trace of, well, beer.

The taste also explodes with fresh coffee - bitter, toasted, and then malty. The coffee flavors are up front and the beer flavors can be found in the finish. Sweet malt that compliments the bitter, and a dry finish.

I've had this on two separate nights and the flavor is irresistible, but I've only had a single pint of it at a time. I can't think of a single thing I would change about the beer - it's the most accurate *and* drinkable coffee stout I've ever had.

La Tazza Rossa Stout from BJ's Restaurant & Brewery