Topadze Lager | Kazbegi JSC

Style: Euro Pale Lager

Added by PorterLambic on 03-19-2005

Reviews by PorterLambic:
4.45/5  rDev 0%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

This is another fine brew by the Kazbegi people. Seriously, one of the best lagers I have ever had. Pours a nice amber/orange color with a good head and good lace.
Smell is fruit, roasted malt, hops and light smoke. The complexity and balance are a pleasant change for a lager.
Taste is roasted malt, smoke, a slight hop bitterness followed by a fairly clean finish.
Mouthfeel: medium-full body for the style. Miles better than any megabrew could ever be expected to produce.
Drinkability: while I usually stay away from lagers, this one I highly recommend. Flavors usually only found in ales and compexity rarely found in the style make this an absolutely "must drink" beer. In fact, I can say the same thing about all four of the beers I've had from this brewery. Top-notch stuff every one.

1/5  rDev 0%