Kingfisher Premium Lager | United Breweries - UB Group

Style: Euro Pale Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 03-06-1998

2.56/5  rDev -7.9%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Conventional pale lager, nothing more, nothing less. Faint aroma and taste of malted grains. Mouthfeel is watery. Good with Indian food, at least, helps put out the flames

2.75/5  rDev -1.1%

3.25/5  rDev +16.9%

3.5/5  rDev +25.9%

2.76/5  rDev -0.7%

A friend brought it over for me to try, so I split it with him. Golden yellow pour, good head. The aroma at first is off, after a minute or 2 kinda bland. The taste is light, some grassy hops, finishes slightly bitter. The body is light, good carbonation. Not something I would pick up, but if offered it is not terrible.

3.5/5  rDev +25.9%

1.29/5  rDev -53.6%

Reviewed from notes.

Poured into a weizen glass (my only clean glassware at the time), appears straw yellow with a fading collar of white foam, presents a very strong cooked corn aroma combined with a medium skunked aroma...tastes like a helping of overcooked corn and gym socks on a slab of wet moldy cardboard. Light body, but I didn't get too far into it before pouring the rest of it down the drain. If this is what they consider "premium," I shudder to think what the normal version would be like.

1.49/5  rDev -46.4%

Golden in appearance, with a soapy white head, which does not retain at all.

It smells like spoiled hops, very light toasted malt, but has an overshadowing aroma of garbage. No seriously, garbage.

The taste profile is super light. I believe this has as much flavor as most light beer. (And I'm not hating on light beer. But for full-flavored beer, this is disappointing.) There is some very light toasted barley malt, and light hops. But all over, it's just very bland and spoiled-tasting.

I'm not a picky drinker, nor do I look for the worst in beers or criticize them to any great degree. But I have to say, this is one of the worst beers I have ever tasted.

God-awful, really.

1.5/5  rDev -46%

2.53/5  rDev -9%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

This poured out as a golden yellow color with a thin white head that fades quickly. The smell of the beer was sweet but almost smelled like a locker room to me... Not that appealing. The taste of the beer is average, the taste is a little on the sweet side just a touch of bitterness to it. The mouthfeel was typical, nothing too exciting going on really. Overall this beer wasn't anything special in my opinion. My friend was raving about it so I gave it a try when he offered me some. It's not something I'd ever buy myself. It he really enjoyed it.

Kingfisher Premium Lager from United Breweries - UB Group