Presidente | Cervecería Nacional Dominicana

Cervecería Nacional Dominicana
Dominican Republic
cnd.com.do

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Lanzada al marcado en 1935, durante más de siete décadas Presidente ha estado unida a la forma particular de sentir y de ser de los dominicanos, asociando las ocasiones de consumo a grandes celebraciones entre amigos y desarrollando una verdadera cultura cervecera en nuestro país.

La exitosa presencia de Presidente en mercados internacionales, unida a su gran aceptación por parte de los turistas que nos visitan, contribuye a la proyección internacional de la calidad de los productos de la República Dominicana y de los recursos y atractivos del país y de su gente.

Added by UncleJimbo on 05-24-2002

24%

This beer its really good as long as you buy the one that its made in dominican republic and its serve cold the one made in usa dont taste the same thats why its getting a poor review

After a Holiday in the Dominican I went on a mad 5 year search for this beer. When served as the natives do at home, with a pinch of sugar in a stout glass, this beer has become my absolute favorite. Strong head. No after taste. No Heavy Beer Drag but with a nice 5% pop It is no wonder that thou the Dominican is one of the poorest countries in the world the people all seem to have a smile on their face. I always have one when drinking Presidente !

4.96/5  rDev +80.4%

4.8/5  rDev +74.5%

4.75/5  rDev +72.7%

4.75/5  rDev +72.7%

Admittedly, I'm not all the surprised at the litany of fellow advocates that tore into this beer given the culture of the community; however, I did figure I'd see at least one positive review, especially since it's almost always out of stock at all the local Spec's, Gabriel's, etc., but not so. Anyway... screw it, i'm stickin' with it and you're about to see a fantastic one!

I love Presidente! I'd choose it over Dos Equis, Corona and just about any other mass produced Mexican or Dominican beer. I had it first at port on the island of Saint Maarten during a cruise vacation, so I thought maybe my intoxication affected my perceptions so I tried it again when I got home - still great! Very refreshing, crisp, clean and easy to drink: perfect for hot days and bbq's if you're looking to grab something cheap and in mass.

4.6/5  rDev +67.3%

4.5/5  rDev +63.6%

7/8/17 bottle @ Mark's

4.5/5  rDev +63.6%

4.44/5  rDev +61.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

My sister brought a CAN of this back from her honeymoon for me. I was extremely surprised at how good this was! I suspect this beer would have much better ratings if everyone had tried it from a can instead of a green bottle.

Really a fantastic pilsener. Not too sweet and not too dry. I would honestly drink this often if I could. I bet it would taste perfect on the beach in Punta Cana.

4.42/5  rDev +60.7%

I was pleasently suprised by this beer. I had several while at a cigar tasting in Bethlehem, PA. Smoking fine Dominican Cigars accompanies by this surprisingly good Dominican Beer on a hot summer day was sure fun.

Pours pale straw with moderate head and lace. Clean smell with slight adjunct nose. Smooth malt sweetness with a hint of corn/veggie adjuncts used. Though definatly there, the adjuncts don't overpower like they do in beers like Bud and Coors. Slightly dry start, crisp and refreshing with strong carbonation. Sweetens as the beer warms.

I'd definately drink this over the more popular Corona for my taste of tropical beer. This is a much better beer.

4.34/5  rDev +57.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

It's a beer to be enjoyed in hot weather. Not a winter beer

4.33/5  rDev +57.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Pours a slightly dark yellow color with a nice lace of head. You can smell the adjunct here but it's maltier and sweeter than most adjuncts. Just like the smell, it's adjunct is here, but it's malty and sweeter. There is also as a nice flavor here and a slight bitterness on the back of the tongue. I don't understand the low ratings for this beer, this is probably the best adjunct lager I've ever had. Drinking this while on vacation in South Carolina. Too bad I've never found this back in Michigan.

4.29/5  rDev +56%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.25

This beer had a nice gold color with a fizzy head. It had a powerful smell of malt and corn. The taste was very delicious and it tasted like corn, earthy hops with an aftertaste of malt. It went down amazingly smooth with a great level of carbonation. This was a surprisingly good beer.

4.28/5  rDev +55.6%

Just beer not bad not great does have ahint of a different taste then most Caribbean beers.

4.26/5  rDev +54.9%

This is a light vienna style lager. Delicious maltiness despite being served very cold. The hop bitterness is a perfect balance for the malt, which is not overly sweet and finishes clean and dry, but not too dry.

I drank this beer two ways.
First, while on vacation in the Dominican Republic, I drank it all day long on tap. Served extremely fresh, this beer is excellent and appropriate for warm tropical weather. This is the beer they SHOULD be serving in the Corona commercials.
The second time I had this was several months later. I found 12-packs for sale at a large store in Boston (Allston?), across from the Sunset Bar & Grill. Upon trying a bottle it was evident that this beer must be served very young and fresh, and does not travel well. Unfortunately they only come in green bottles, and the result is as bad as any skunky import.

4.25/5  rDev +54.5%

4.25/5  rDev +54.5%

4.15/5  rDev +50.9%

Had this in the Dominican, I believe it has a higher alcohol content there than in the U.S. The DR is sweltering, they serve this ice cold, it's the only beer option, and it is strong. These factors may have contributed to my positive review.

4.1/5  rDev +49.1%

I had my first Presidente in the Dominican Republic. I was there on business and we stumbled into a nightclub and I was served the large bottle...covered in a layer of ice. Damn...it was so good and refreshing. Been drinking them every since. I'd choose Presidente over Corona, Modelo and just about any other mass produced Mexican or Dominican beer. Very refreshing, crisp, clean and easy to drink: perfect for hot days and cookouts if you're looking to grab something smooth and refreshing. Good Beer despite what some of the beer snobs in this community say...LOL

4.1/5  rDev +49.1%

Pours with an initially fluffy head, and the body is a light straw color. Smells of grainy, light malt, refreshing, and a little fruity.

The taste is mild, light colored malt, light hops, it is going very well with this pizza. Mouthfeel has a prickly, clean finish. This is the best beer of this style that I have ever had. Wish I could get it in Indy.

4.02/5  rDev +46.2%

Poured from a 12oz bottle into a pilsner glass. Also had straight from the bottle.

Appearance is clear amber/yellow, smell of corn and wheat, not much head with some lacing, average carbonation. Crisp and clean taste of corn and wheat... can be a bit skunky.

This is a tough beer for me to evaluate. When compared to all the great beers of the world this obviously isn't even as good as I have rated in numbers. In order to fully appreciate this beer, though, you have to understand the country, the culture, and the people of the Dominican Republic.

The DR is HOT! Very hot! All the time. The country is so poor that most natives bathe in the rain water that runs off their roofs. This is a country of barefoot kids, meals of rice, beans and chicken, and of course... baseball. Constant baseball.

Presidente is served "bien frio" (very cold) everywhere in the DR. It is almost always drank out of the bottle and it is the national beer and for most people the only beer.

When taking all of this into account, and having lived amongst these people, this beer is daggone good. Nothing tastes better than an ice-cold Presidente on a hot, steamy Dominican afternoon or night (yes, it's still hot and steamy at night).

Presidente from Cervecería Nacional Dominicana