Cerveza Caguama | Cerveceria La Constancia S.A. / BevCo Ltd

laconstancia.com

Style: Light Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 06-20-2002

2.58/5  rDev +16.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 2.5

A - pale, see through yellow with a ton of carbonation bubbles but with a short, soapy head that disappears as fast as it forms

S - grainy, musty, grassy

T - grassy, cereal grains, mild bitter finish; the flavor is incredibly light

M - light bodied, crisp, well carbonated

This is your typical Mexican style lager. The flavor is so light that it borders on nonexistent. It's refreshing, but besides that this is completely forgettable. I'll pass in the future.

2.75/5  rDev +24.4%

2.75/5  rDev +24.4%

4.73/5  rDev +114%

If you enjoy a beer that does not leave a after tast in your mouth. That does not give you a headache, and is tolerable at room temperature.

The price has gone up 5.00 in the past couple years. I guess there are more people enjoying it everyday.

Considering I live in Tucson, AZ. That might have something to do with the growing demand.

The stores can't seem to keep it on the shelf here.

thank you, always make it a great day.

4.76/5  rDev +115.4%

Cheap, decent, Caguama

At this price point it is by far the best lager on the market imo.

Pale yellow, pleasant smell of pale malt with almost no hops. It's slightly citrusy on the nose. Taste follows the nose to a T and that is fantastic. Mouthfeel is very smooth. Perfect amount of carbonation.

Overall, grab this if you want something cheap. Forget the domestic cheap stuff cuz Caguama destroys them.

1.46/5  rDev -33.9%
look: 3 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Seen this at my local Kroger and thought I would give it a shot.

As someone who prefers micro-brews but is not a snob to the macros, I was severely disappointed with this one.

Out of all the beers I have had in my life this one definitely has to take the cake as one of the worst.

Upon opening of the large 32 oz bottle, an awful aroma filled the air and quickly diminished. It appears like a light refreshing Sol or Corona, but I was soon to be disappointed.

Taste directly from the bottle tastes of a poor malt liquor. No notes of anything except for high malt. The aftertaste is definitely that nasty malty/metallic that you get toward the end of a 40 oz.

I may have just had a skunked version of this beer, but I am not even close to half and it is barely sippable.

2.25/5  rDev +1.8%

1.75/5  rDev -20.8%

3.75/5  rDev +69.7%

1.96/5  rDev -11.3%

Picked this up in bottle form from the local Kroger since they have begun carrying it and allowing sample packs.

Looks very pale

The smell instantly turned my nose up and made my house stink.

The taste was just average and nothing to right home about, it just tasted like alcohol no real flavor.

This is just an ok beer over all, glad I only bought the single bottle. I could drink it but won't be buying it again.

3.5/5  rDev +58.4%

4.25/5  rDev +92.3%

1.75/5  rDev -20.8%

2.53/5  rDev +14.5%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

This came to me courtesy of KevSal and the early goings of New CANned Beer Sunday are centering around lagers, blonde ales, golden lagers, and the ilk. If I CAN hang in, IPAs, DIPAs and bigger beers will get their due later in the day. In the meantime, low and slow is the way to go!

Hey, don't tell me that The CANQuest (TM) isn't making me smarter! That isn't just any old garden variety turtle on the CAN/label, that is a Loggerhead (Lagerhead) and given its average lifespan, they may outlive me at the rate that I am going. Not to be morbid, but given my imbibing, I am probably foreshortening my lifespan. That is OK, since I would prefer a well-lived life than a long-lived life. Life fast, die young, leave a pretty corpse. At 47 y/o, I am no longer young and nobody ever referred to me as "pretty". Oh well. Here's to my new-found terrapin buddy!

From the CAN(!): "Legend has it the fishermen of Central America sought the Great Loggerhead Turtle in warm tropical waters. It was tribal belief that this powerful turtle, also known as the 'Caguama', symbolized good fortune for the fisherman's village. It's our hope that you too will experience the good fortune of the 'Caguama'. Salud!" Does that appear on the label of your bottle? Hmmm.

I was anxious to greet El Caguama and went to a quick Crack followed by an inverted Glug, resulting in a finger of fizzy, bone-white foam that quickly dissipated. Color was a pale lemon-yellow with a good bit of carbonation in evidence. A Greg Koch Special and if that marks me as a "sissy", so be it. Until Stone begins to CAN their beers, I will CANtinue to comment on Mr. Koch's comments on my drinking habits. Nose actually had a soft Saaz hops grassiness and my hopes were raised as a result. Mouthfeel was medium and the taste was rather bland, taken as a whole. There was a slight tang, like lemon citrusiness, to accompany the grassy hoppiness. Finish was likewise kind of bland and watery. Perhaps this is just the way that the loggerhead turtle likes it. I CAN only tell you that I was pretty much underwhelmed.

2.94/5  rDev +33%

A thank you to woodychandler for another canned beer. Poured from a 12 oz. can. Has a very pale yellow color with a 1/2 inch head. Smell is a bit of corn and grains. Taste is heavy on the corn side, nothing great but considering the style any flavor is a good thing. Feels light in the mouth and overall is a mediocre beer.

2.53/5  rDev +14.5%

Cerveza Caguama has a thick, fluffy, white head and a clear, bubbly, yellow-golden appearance. There is even some splotchy lacing associated with it. The aroma is of sweet, light malt and grain, and the flavor is almost neutral. One will get very light grain, almost no hops, and water. Mouthfeel is light and watery, and Cerveza Caguama finishes crisp, clean, refreshing, dry, and bland. This is a low average, nothing beer.

RJT

2.26/5  rDev +2.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Pours a light yellow with a frothy white head. Smell is faint grains but not much else. Tastes like carbonated water with a hint of beer, not much to taste. Mouthfeel is very light, kind of smooth. Overall not much to speak of, a hot summer day sippin beer, good with high flavor meals because it acts more as a palette cleanser. Not great, but cheap.

1.5/5  rDev -32.1%

1.57/5  rDev -29%

Very pale lager with a thin, sudsy head. Odor is a little faint but comes across as leafy, grassy and salty. Fruity, savory flavor with an odd, almost salty aftertaste. I'm not a picky beer drinker by any means and I can barely stand this stuff. If you're in a situation where you have to drink this, make sure it's bordering on frozen. The flavors get more weird and less tolerable the warmer it gets.

1.5/5  rDev -32.1%