Hochzeitsbier | Brauerie Franz Kammhuber

Added by PatandDavid on 03-24-2004

Reviews by phattman073:

3.94/5  rDev +2.9%

Hmmm I live right next to Obertaufkirchen

The colour is a beauty of ruby and chocolate brown mixed together in a glass

The smell is somewhat unspecatacular of raosted malts with some faint caramel and roast nuts

Taste is much the same but more pronounced andf thus a bit better

Low to medium carbionation but full bodier and slightly creamier than normal

Yep drinkable

4.55/5  rDev +18.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.5

I enjoyed this beer, the name means "Wedding" or " Marriage" beer. I picked this up at Biofach '04, and it is an organic, unfiltered dark beer. Beer when poured had the look of cloudy rootbeer. The thick creamy off-white head was nice and thick to start. Even after it went down, I still had a nice topping on the beer as I enjoyed it. I thought the aroma was rathy malty with some roasted notes. Mouthfeel was spot on: medium and slightly prickly. Taste was malty as expected, but I thought the finish had a nutty astringency that set it apart. Nice beer.

Hochzeitsbier from Brauerie Franz Kammhuber